Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

February Drive!

George81

Corvette
2009 Crystal Red Metallic Tint
Well, I don't mean to gloat :chuckle but it's 50 degrees in Dayton OH today! The roads have been washed by the resent rain and the sun is shining! Need I say more! Just had my new 09 out and what a ride! Should have called in sick and drove all day! Never thought I would be driving it in Feb! Better yet I never thought I'd drive her home in an ice storm either! Can't wait to get home and polish her up and ready her for the next adventure!

Come on SPRING!!:pat

Well, I don't mean to gloat :chuckle but it's 50 degrees in Dayton OH today! The roads have been washed by the resent rain and the sun is shining! Need I say more! Just had my new 09 out and what a ride! Should have called in sick and drove all day! Never thought I would be driving it in Feb! Better yet I never thought I'd drive her home in an ice storm either! Can't wait to get home and polish her up and ready her for the next adventure!

Come on SPRING!!:pat

Congrats on the 09' George....and on the unexpected nice weather. Sounds like it would have been an excellent reason to play hookie from work.

Argh!

No rain here in NJ to wash away the salt. What you have to understand is that they dump an inch of salt to an inch of "snow" .... since we don't get much snow and they can't carry anything over in the budget.

They have also taken to the application of "salt brine" in liquid form prior to any forecast snow.

So .... my development street is gritty with all of the granular ... and the county road has a dusty haze from the brine.

I had been taking the car out for an hour or two little drive till last week ...

I don't mean to be a wussy about it ... it is a car ... but that brine dust must get up into things and wreak havoc.

Being originally from Buffalo, NY I know exactly what you mean! Salt, grit, dirt, this crap gets everywhere and impossible to clean!

Good weather is coming...right!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom