Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FIC LT4 fuel injectors work..........AWESOME! (Caution: long read!)

LT4man

Corvette
96 Collectors Edition LT4
A little background. I owned & operated an auto & truck repair shop in the Chicagoland area for almost twenty (20) years. I still keep up with all the latest in the automotive industry. Still work on a variety of vehicles for clients & friends. Have almost forty (40) years experience working on domestic & foreign cars & trucks.

I bought my 1996 Collector Edition coupe with the LT4 new in March ‘96. Over the years I myself installed many bolt-on modifications. Upgraded air intake area, ignition system. Designed a custom 3” exhaust system which was fabricated and welded by a good friend.

I did a mail order tune in 99. Finally, a couple of years ago, I had the guys at Speed Inc. in Schaumburg, IL do a dyno-tune. My LT4 was running strong.

In January of this year, I started searching for replacements for my OEM Rochester Multec fuel injectors which now had over 105,000 miles on them. I searched the threads here for solutions. Luckily for me, I ran across Fuel Injector Connection. I saw where Jon had taken the Bosch Design III injectors and rebuilt them to flow exactly what my injectors flowed. A fellow forum member, Mekanic, installed these injectors into his LT4 and was thrilled with how they worked.

As you can see, I take my time when it concerns my Vette. I sent an email to Jon at FIC, and he called me back immediately. We talked about what I could expect from his injectors. I learned the ‘96 Multecs no longer have the coil windings exposed to fuel. Jon told me they would probably ohm out pretty good. That did not mean, though, they were working up to their potential.

I ohm tested all of mine. 12 ohms all across the board. Score “one” for Jon!

Spent the next week in Bowling Green for a cruise. When I returned I emailed Jon again. Again, he called me back immediately. I was starting to be surprised at his excellent customer service. Remember, earlier, I had said I owned a shop and had dealt with all sorts of vendors. Jon was inching his way up to the top of my “Top Ten” list.

On Tuesday, in a purely “preventive maintenance” move, I ordered NEW Bosch Design III fuel injectors from Jon. He had taken these apart to replace parts to enable them to flow identically to my OEM Rochester Multecs. I live in Chicago. FIC is located just outside of Atlanta, Georgia. They arrived on Thursday. I was surprised but extremely happy. Score “two” for Jon!

On Friday, I installed them. Took me about an hour. I like to take my time on my Vette. Anyone could do these in about 45 minutes.

My fuel rails were empty. I cycled the key twice before cranking to energize the fuel pump and fill the fuel rails. My engine started FASTER than it had been starting. The idle settled to a “smooth like glass” RPM. I used to have somewhat of a lumpy idle. Always thought all LT4s ran like that. Not mine anymore! Score “three” for Jon!

Also, the noise coming from my old injectors was gone! Recently, I thought I needed to investigate an exhaust or lifter noise. No need for an investigation now! I really cannot hear these injectors “click” at all. Score “four” for Jon!

Driving my Vette put me over the edge. I have spent the last two weeks driving and enjoying my new found power & smoothness. At any throttle tip-in, the response is immediate! From starting to idling to accelerating……….I have not seen a mod in my life give such results so quickly and inexpensively!

Did I mention Jon finally worked himself up to the top position of my “Top Ten Vendors” list? Work might be the wrong word. Dealing with Jon and his company was absolutely the most effortless experience of my entire automotive career.

Too many times a forum becomes a sounding board for all the negative and sub-standard customer service we run into. Not this thread.

I congratulate Jon on being the person he is. Knowledgeable & eager to share his knowledge. Hands-on. Timely. An all-around nice guy. Fabulous company. Unbelievable customer service.

Thanks, Jon!

AFTER REPLACING YOUR FUEL INJECTORS, PLEASE SAVE THE :w!

i couldnt agree more i have bought a set for all 3 of my zr1s. my 90 which i drag race picked up 1.5tenths and 1.6mile an hr . my white 92 callaway 475 snat with 3,92 gears this winter got 27.1 mpg on a 3000 mile round trip to new braunfels tx.and that was cruizing 80-90 most of the way .jon is a great guy . has a great product at a great price .and 100% stands behind his stuff .his injectors were balanced tighter than the set of rcs i had in the blk 90.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom