Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FINALLY a straight forward USB and Audio interface for the C5 Z06 ???

cactuseater

Corvette
2002 Z06 Electron Blue w/Red-Black interior
Found this on eBay tonight, thought I'd share it with all. Most of these interfaces so far require the CD changer harness and or unit be factory installed in your Vette. This little thingy does not require it. Interesting, I think I'll grab one, install it, and let you know how it goes.... I am going nuts without the iPod in the car. With a single disc player I am burning CD's every couple of days, get used to them, then toss them and burn new ones. AHHH. :crazyMakes me nuts. I do not want to change out the stereo in the car - I am keeping everything OEM on this one.

Here's the item number: 180520912502

And the link if it works.... C5 CORVETTE STEREO IPOD XM SIRIUS SAT RADIO INTERFACE: eBay Motors (item 180520912502 end time Jul-14-10 18:21:29 PDT)

Delay...

I've delayed getting this thing since the headlamps are now giving me an intermittent problem. Seems sometimes they will turn on and pop up, and other times they will not and all I get is parking lights. Turning the switch on and off a few times solves the problem, but I am sure it looks like a new multi-function switch is in order for the steering column. Before I get stuck at night somewhere away from home without headlights..... Bummer.

Has anybody tried this product? ... or purchased and received this item from the ebay seller? I would like to hear some feedback and maybe a review.
Thanks!

Has anybody tried this product? ... or purchased and received this item from the ebay seller? I would like to hear some feedback and maybe a review.
Thanks!

I would like to know too. If anyone has used it, can you use the radio controls to opperate a mp3 player?

I would like to know too. If anyone has used it, can you use the radio controls to opperate a mp3 player?
Hey 6d8muscle...... if you've got an ipod (the real branded ipod from apple), you might want to check out this link. I'm looking at getting one of these myself, cause I do have an ipod. Control it from the steering wheel and it's moveable from car to car........
iPad, iPhone & iPod Accessories RF Remotes controlFREQ - Wireless Car RF Remote for iPod
Andy :w

I like the idea. However when you broadcast your music over the radio waves AM, FM, or whatever, you are adding noise to the signal. By hard-wiring the MP3 device, there is no added signal noise to the music.

I still think the hard-wire version should give you the best possible output.

And has anyone used the other device?? The vendor says he has sold many of them. He also has a Camaro version.

Check this out:

Corvette Ipod install kits

To me, I'd rather use the iPod controls. They have versions for iPod and other MP3 players.

Very easy to install, takes about 30 minutes start to finish.

I purchased the Freecom Wireless PDAUX3W for my 02 Coupe.
The item arrived the next day by UPS. I was very impressed.

I have installed this product and it does work. There is a 3.5mm plug that plugs into the headphone jack of my iTouch. The unit also has a USB port, but as of yet I have not gotten the USB port to work with the supplied iTouch white USB to iTouch cable. It is not clear to me how this USB port works.

The 3.5 plug methog works very well! The audio is crystal clear as you would expect from any CD. There is no FM noise to be heard. The Corvette Delco Bose head plays the iTouch music through its AUX port. The unit plugs into the AUX port in the back of the head and the old AUX cable plugs into the units harness connection supplied. The unit claims to work without affecting the CD changer at all. I do not have a changer so I cannot verify that.

I was hoping the head unit would control the iTouch like it controls the CD changer but is does not, as far as I know today.

The only visible clue to the unit being installed is the black 2-3 ft cable coming from the center console area with the 3.5 mm plug on the end.

Installation was straightforward and did only take an hour or so. At the same time I took this opportunity to replace the broken hazzard warning switch. So now my turn signals work correctly again.

I am enjoying my noiseless iTouch music very much.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom