Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally bought a C6!!

tyrel

I'm so excited! It's used, a 2005, but it has super-low miles on it. It's practically brand new. Got it on the mainland, it's coming over on Matson. Black coupe, black interior, automatic, heads-up, memory package. Doesn't have the DVD navigation but I didn't want it anyway. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Congrats !!!! Enjoy.....Great color. :beer

I'm certain you will enjoy your great new C6 ! :w

Still waiting on the pics....he prob cant get his butt out of the seat long enough to take one...:rotfl

DSCF1024.jpg

Congratulations! I can feel the excitement all the way over here!

I really think you will need that navigation. Pretty easy to get lost on Oahu. yuk yuk. They haven't paved over the beach at Ft. Derussy yet, have they? I spent many a drunken night................uh, never mind.

I'm so excited! It's used, a 2005, but it has super-low miles on it. It's practically brand new. Got it on the mainland, it's coming over on Matson. Black coupe, black interior, automatic, heads-up, memory package. Doesn't have the DVD navigation but I didn't want it anyway. I'll post pics when it arrives.
Congratulations. Would love to be over there with you for a test drive!! Actually had snow flurries here this weekend! Brrr. Still too cool here!
Not to be nosey, but I am curious, How much does it cost to transport a car to or from Hawaii? I've always wondered that as I always keep track of license plates (by state) when I travel. Sometimes even see one from Hawaii, but never too often! Also, how long does it take?
Is it cheaper to buy on the mainland and ship it than to buy used over there? Thanks and good luck. You'll love it!

Okay, okay, I just bought the car and it's coming over on Matson. It won't be here for several weeks, so I'll get pictures as soon as it does. Even with the shipping I'm still coming out ahead, I got a deal on this car.

Good luck with your C6 Tyrel.

Bet your having trouble sleeping at night. Are you counting down days to the arrival instead of sheep? :L

The C6 is one awesome car.

Hecox

Congrats Tyrel!! :upthumbs I know how you feel as I had to wait on mine too. However, it was not weeks. It might take more pictures for you to make it for "weeks". :ugh :beer

Boy, I thought it would never get here, but I finally picked it up today. Took a cab to Matson & picked her up after her containered ocean voyage. She was absolutely filthy, so the first thing I did was give her a bath. The black paint is flawless, and the black interior still smells new. I drove it around today to get the license, registration, & title, & the safety check, and fill her up with gas, that was pretty much my whole afternoon.

Here's my first impressions, so please bear with me, since I'm coming from a 1989 coupe and skipped the C5 altogether:

1) The car has been stretched into some weird directions when you compare it to the C4. the view through the rearview mirror is really narrow, it has a cavelike feel to it.

2) No courtesy light in the center console? My 18-year-old car has this. The map light in the rearview mirror points uselessly toward the steering wheel. How do I get light where I need it?

3) HUD is kind of ho-hum, I really wanted this feature now I wondered what the big deal was, I don't know if I'll ever really use it instead of simply glancing down three inches to the speedometer.

4) Hallelulah, a real glovebox, even if it's tiny.

5) The cargo lights are so dim, they barely illuminate the cargo area. The ones on my 89 practically flood the cargo area with light.

6) The wheels are enormous, they make the car look like a go-cart.

7) The rear lights are as big as my head, I can't see how anyone could ever rear-end you with those things blaring in their face. I like 'em.

8) A baffling light/turn switch/cruise control stalk, I don't know what it's supposed to do, so I turned it to "auto" & left it at that.

9) Disappointing Bose stereo, I can't believe in this day and age that Chevrolet isn't putting a better stereo in the Corvette. I rented a Malibu last year that had a better-sounding stereo. I'm baffled as to why the stereo is so mediocre. It sounds okay for now, I may have to do something about it later on.

10) Superb craftsmanship and fit & finish, everything has a lovely texture and sensation to it. Love the soft night-lights of the radio & HVAC. Kind of iffy on the silver console, but I could learn to like it.

11) The front of the car is incredibly low. I like the headlights, even though they are not pop-ups.

12) The driveability doesn't feel as cushy as I was lead to believe, everyone kept saying it has a "cadillac ride", but I'm really not feeling it. In terms of handling, I don't see much of a difference between this car and my old one.

13) I LOVE the view through the side-view mirrors, the way the fenders flare way up, and I LOVE the view through the windshield. It definitely feels like a Corvette.

14) The "wow" factor: people kept doing double-takes as I drove around town, turning around to check out the car, staring at me, honking & waving, trying to race me. Thank god I bought a black one instead of a bright red one like my old car.

15) The user's manual is complicated, there are so many things to learn about this car. The previous owner's name pops up when I start the car, I have to learn how to change it. I have no idea what all those buttons on the right side of the steering wheel do, guess I'll have to learn them all.

16) LOVE the push-button start, it's one of the coolest features of the car. The door handles are a little weird, but I'll get used to them.

17) No place to put the gas cap when you're filling! Let it hang down & touch the finish, or what?

18) Love those cool little storage bins in the back, unlike my 89 these are actually accessible without turning into a contortionist.

19) The body panels seem kind of flimsy in places, you can actually bend them with your hand. I guess this is the wave of the future, lightening the car any way you can to increase gas mileage. My 89 bends in places too, but not as much as the C6.

Well, that's it, keep in mind these are just my first impressions. I'm really happy with the car, it's just a little weird getting used to a new Corvette. I'll post some pictures later.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats on the car! I agre with a few things you said because they also applied to my c5. The bose is very disappointing. My 93 sounded awsome compared to my 01. I don't know what they started doing different in the c5s and now c6s. I think you will love the HUD, though. I really miss it. I'm looking at another c5, just because I miss my HUD! I don't ever think these things will ever have a Cadillac ride. The few test rides I have taken in the new ones are a blast, though! I would love to blast down H1 over there. Have a blast.

Being Excited

Your car will be perfect once you get used to the differences!

The tiny dislikes are far over-shadowed by everything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About one detail you mentioned: No where to put the gas cap when filling up.

Here's what I do: When the filler door opens you will see an arm (latch hook) about 1-1/2 inches long on the door. I gently drape the gas cap tether over that arm. The cap remains out of the way and does not touch the body.

Have fun. :w

The ride?

You compalin about the ride? You did say you have the Z-51 package right. It is much stiffer compaired to the magnetic shocks in the standard setup. :eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom