Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally got a newer Corvette

Welcome...

:w

attachment.php

:lou

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER "DukeOfEarl" we're glad you've joined us. . . . . . :happyanim: Thanks for your service :pat
-Bill
US Army 1965-1971

hoosierdaddy thank you

Bill Thanks.
Welcome home. Did I ever stop you and give you a ticket lol

Where at; I've had a few tickets?

Bill Thanks.
Welcome home. Did I ever stop you and give you a ticket lol

Where at; I've had a few tickets? I went to Fort Knox for basic training June 28, 1965, after that I went to chopper school at Fort Rucker, Alabama, after training on fixed wing & helicopters (Huey mostly) I put my skills to work for 18 months in Southeast Asia, went back to states at the NCO Academy at Fort Rucker, got out of active duty June 27, 1968. Been living the dream ever since then :L

-Bill :w

Guess I didn't give you a ticket

The only time I went to Knox was to drop of a Deserter and while at the
Kopple service club found an Awol at the post there.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 74
The only time I went to Knox was to drop of a Deserter and while at the
Kopple service club found an Awol at the post there.

Since basic training there I've been back to visit the museum there, lot of Patton's stuff there. You think there is really gold at Fort Knox; or is it a mith?

I don't think the gold is there either

Since basic training there I've been back to visit the museum there, lot of Patton's stuff there. You think there is really gold at Fort Knox; or is it a mith?[/QUOTE

I did go to Luxinberg saw General Patton's grave.
It was a real site to see. His marker is not facing the front like the rest but facing his men.
I know when my time comes I am going to Arlington.

Since basic training there I've been back to visit the museum there, lot of Patton's stuff there. You think there is really gold at Fort Knox; or is it a mith?[/QUOTE

It was a real site to see. His marker is not facing the front like the rest but facing his men.

I did not know his tomestone was facing the rear, nor did I know he was buried in Germany. I knew he died there in an autobile accident; wasn't it? Facing towards the men is pretty cool for sure.

-Bill

Hi Bill

I did not know his tomestone was facing the rear, nor did I know he was buried in Germany. I knew he died there in an autobile accident; wasn't it? Facing towards the men is pretty cool for sure.

-Bill

Bill....
If you ever go there it would bring tears to your eyes like mine.
To think we had it bad but those guys went throught pure hell.

Dave

I went to Basic and AIT at Knox before OCS. I remember having to make "voluntary" contributions to the fund to build the museum. If you didn't voluntarily donate to the museum, there was no weekend pass for you. ;) I volunteered to contribute to various causes in the same manner. I learned a lot about the real world in the Army.

Hi Calvert

I went to Basic and AIT at Knox before OCS. I remember having to make "voluntary" contributions to the fund to build the museum. If you didn't voluntarily donate to the museum, there was no weekend pass for you. ;) I volunteered to contribute to various causes in the same manner. I learned a lot about the real world in the Army.

Calvert you are a good man, Since we have no children are money is going to the
Regimentle Military Police Association Wounded warriors and the veterans hospital,
And after I get my car painted I plan pn taking other disabled vets for a cruise just like I did
when I had my 66 STINGRAY.
What rank did you get out as? I used to love to stop Colonels and Generals LOL:w
:w

My last post I posted the story about the Z06 I bought after owning a bunch of Corvettes then sold my 66 to pay off my home.
Anyway got a 2003 Z06 and now happy again.
About myself, 66 years old recycled teenager with a man cave that has nothing but Corvette Diecasts neon corvette stuff and other neon
stuff. When I sold my 66 over 10 years ago I never thought I would get another one but my inner voice saw this car and said buy me buy me.
I am an Army Disabled Vet with 11 years 64-75. Military Police.
Live in Venice Fl so if anyone comes down this way my home will always be open.

Welcome aboard Duke !

Pleasure to have you here.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom