Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally got my new roof

Joe Vette

Corvette
2005 Lemans Blue Coupe
After 1 botched repair the dealer got my new roof. Paint matches and no popping noises anymore. Took about one week. I'm happy once again.
Thanks to all for the replies and especially C4C5 for the advise on what to look for after the replacement is done.:D

Glad to hear you got your roof, I'm having the same problem with mine I've taken it in 4 times and finally they gave up and told me I needed a new roof so I'm just waiting .....

After 1 botched repair the dealer got my new roof. Paint matches and no popping noises anymore. Took about one week. I'm happy once again.
Thanks to all for the replies and especially C4C5 for the advise on what to look for after the replacement is done.:D[/qu

Forgive me for asking this, I have a new top on order, what is it that I should look for after the install?

Thanks to all for the replies and especially C4C5 for the advise on what to look for after the replacement is done.:D[/qu

Forgive me for asking this, I have a new top on order, what is it that I should look for after the install?

Creaking, Poping, squeaking, that type of thing,Generally it will be more noticable on one side, mine happen to be worse on the passenger side.
and of course leaks.....

Good luck to all!!! AND REMEMBER SPEAK ENGLISH AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS. tls

Hi John,
In my case the dealer reused the latches and other hardware from the old roof. There are 2 plastic inserts on the front left & right of the roof that holds the roof in place when stored in the rear. Make sure these are on. Of course make sure the paint matches and according to C4C5 these new roofs need to have the new glue.
Welcome to the forum and enjoy that Z06!!!!

Hi John,
In my case the dealer reused the latches and other hardware from the old roof. There are 2 plastic inserts on the front left & right of the roof that holds the roof in place when stored in the rear. Make sure these are on. Of course make sure the paint matches and according to C4C5 these new roofs need to have the new glue.
Welcome to the forum and enjoy that Z06!!!!
HI there,
There is a NEW revised roof coming out, that does NOT need the adhesive.
An accurate evaluation of the roof is required to know if the sealant is NEEDED OR NOT!!!
Allthebest, c4c5

Thank you Joe for your responce, although having the Z I cannot do any checking since the top is a bolt on and I do not want to take out the headliner for fear of %$#*@! it up.
I'll just say a little prayer @ start up.

I called a local dealer and had the service tech check my VIN for past repairs. He tells me the roof has been "fixed", but he wasn't able to discern which dealership. My roof squeaking is taking some of the enjoyment out of driving my car and driving me crazy at the same time.
I bought the car used and it has a few things that need to be addressed warranty wise. Because of a past bad experience with a local dealership (ran into my car with another customer's vehicle) I don't know which of the four local dealerships to take my 05 to.
Is there any way to tell which dealer is qualified to work on Corvettes. I called one a few minutes ago and spoke with an illiterate moron on the phone. I wonder how the stupid SOB got to work. So, that one is out.

Any suggestions?

I get a few pops and creaks from my roof after the car has been sitting all day in the sun but they go away fairly quickly. They seem to be coming from both sides of the roof. After driving less than 1/2 a mile, the pops and creaks go away.
Is this a sign of a bad roof? c4c5?

What else should I look for?

Got a call from the dealer today, my new roof just came in, they have to paint it, so I have to bring my vehicle in and leave it so they (he says) can make sure they get a good match on the paint....hey at least I get a loaner car.....probably a GEO!!

I am still waiting for a new top. This $*&@s. Lucky me I went and moved to Texas before the top took a s#*t.
4 weeks and counting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom