Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

finally its home

J

jerrys96lt4

Got my ride back thursday late, Man I sure love that LT4 torque.Gladly turned that sebring in(SNORE:blow ) The Total cost of the repair was$6900.00 . IT LOOKS GREAT. no frame damage. Thanks :CAC

Nice, never saw a green 96' convertable. Did the repair including complete painting? If so, I'd like to hear about it. I.E. how much of the car did they take apart prior to painting, what type of paint, what did it cost just for painting, etc. Thanks.

Allen, the hood and front cover are new and the driverside headlight assy. the hood and bumper cover were painted on the back side prior to installation. The body shop used Dupont chromabase and chromaclear they blended back on to the doors and it looks great. the estimate only shows $ 900.00 for refinishing Hope this helps . Yesterday I watersanded the whole car with 2000 grit and buffed and polised it. And I cant find where the old color starts and stops

Sounds nice. My 84' has been repainted once, and though nice overall, there are problems with virtually every panel on the car. I've decided instead of doing just some select panels, will wait until I can afford to do the complete car. Glad to hear how nice yours turned out!

I finally got my car back too... They did a great job on the paint, but the collector edition emblem is missing (back ordered until the end of the month:( ) what the heck though, it looks good, and I am happy to see it in the garage again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom