Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally the brute is off to the body shop.

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
After more then a year of rebuilding and modifying the body, and with all the fiberglass and filler work completed, it's now off to the body shop for the gel-coat, and finishing primer.

After looking at the multi-colored body in the garage for months on end, just to see it all the same color ( even if it's primer ) will be an improvement, and very refreshing.

I have just received a mandate to do the additional restoration of a 67 coupe, so I guess this SWC will just have to sit and wait for another year ( what a cure for the primer ) before it can be completed.

Stepinwolf

towing.jpg

I know that feeling - all one color. The best part for me was watching as the Nassau Blue was being applied! It made me feel like it was a car again.

Steve

What is wrong with the 1967 coupe? Looked pretty nice to me.

*Edit- Senior moment. This will be a restro-rod I believe.

paul67 said:
What is wrong with the 1967 coupe? Looked pretty nice to me.

*Edit- Senior moment. This will be a restro-rod I believe.

You have it right Paul. He drove my Red 65 Convertible a few weeks ago, and his first words when he returned the car was , and I quote " I want my next Corvette, to drive exactly like yours " unquote.

He will also have a tri-power ( the latest techy ) from Barry Grant, sitting atop a new 572, with power going through a GM electronic 4L85E. It should be one wild ride, if I have to say so myself.

By the way Paul, at our age they are not called " Senior Moments " they should be referred to as " after thoughts ", or maby a " Come to think of it ", responce. That way it gets us off the hook in a graceful way. :eyerole

Bob, you sure are close on that one.

When my car finally gets done, we should plan on attending the Carlisle show together. We could then find a spot to put both of their noses together, and I guarantee you it will be a show stopper. We still have lots of time, so we can make this a long term commit.

Stepinwolf

a tri-power ( the latest techy ) from Barry Grant, sitting atop a new 572, with power going through a GM electronic 4L85E. It should

Heh Bob,
are you going to follow thru with the cam also as per the Artical you sent me from Hot Rod Mag..?? The one where they improved the torque and Hp on the 572. Or do I have the wrong set up.

Maybe it was the Edelbrock intake and Carb? I'm having a After thought here..

Senior Moment...;)

I'm surprised Bob, I guess (not based on anything in particular that I can think of) I assumed you did your own painting also since you pretty much do everything else. What a surprise to see you shipping it off to a shop for gel coat and primer.

I've only gone thru the paint process twice so far but I know what you mean - seeing it even just in primer but all one color is such a nice feeling! :)
Even better when it's all one color in the actual paint.......

Looking good Stepinwolf. More power to us old farts who not only still remember the "good old days" but are continuing to live them due to that gift we call the present.

Rich

Viet Nam Vett said:
Heh Bob,
are you going to follow thru with the cam also as per the Article you sent me from Hot Rod Mag..?? The one where they improved the torque and Hp on the 572. Or do I have the wrong set up.

Maybe it was the Edelbrock intake and Carb? I'm having a After thought here..

Senior Moment...;)

VNV,

The Edelbrock intake has already arrived, and I was also planning on ordering the cam, but the new owner has different priorities. Sounds to me he is more interested in the " show " then the " go ", so I will pass on the rest of the go-fast goodies. Wanting to keep with the 67 big block theme, it was decided that I would install the new " Sixshooter " from Barry Grant to keep with the 3X2 looks of a 67 big block. Check the following link to see what this setup would look like on your 502.

http://www.barrygrant.com/tripled/default.aspx?page=3

Barry,

I have done my own priming and painting for as long as I can remember, but since I now having breathing problems, and must rely on 3 different puffers, four times a day, the Dr. said I would surly live longer if I stayed away from paint spray. It's not a problem for me however, since I have a friend who now does a better job of painting then I ever did anyway.

Stepinwolf

paint.jpg

Cool Bob,
The Hod Rod Mag Set up was supierior to the stock set up as I remember.
I have seen the BG 6 shooter set up before... But..to me the numbers don't justify the cost.

Cost aprox $2500.00 Hp Gain...39 Torque Gain 22..

Or $64.00 Per 1 HP and $113.00 Per 1 FT of torque.

But if you look at it from the Wow..!!! Factor..That's a different story.

I think I pass and maybe down the road do the 572 with the Cam Intake package HR did..
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom