Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally!

BigT

Corvette
96 LT1 CE Sebring Silver with Black interior
I joined the forum several months ago to learn more about Corvettes while I was looking for my first one. Friday night I got my very first Corvette. Unfortunately I did not get much time to enjoy it because I spent most of the weekend cleaning out the garage to make room for it. I have officially joined the world of C4 ownership with a 1996 Collector Edition coupe with the LT1 and automatic. I am planning on attending a few shows before it gets too cold here in the New Jersey area. This Sunday on the 25th there is a Corvette only show in Ocean City, NJ on the boardwalk is anyone here planning on going?

Thanks,
Tom

DSC_0037.jpg

I won't be attending that show, but I do want to congratulate you on your first Corvette purchase!! :thumb Nothing like the very first one!

Elaine

It's too bad it took until I was 55 years old to get it.:D

Thanks,
Tom

It's too bad it took until I was 55 years old to get it.:D

Thanks,
Tom

That's a fairly normal "complaint" when it comes to Corvette ownership.
My wife and I had a CE a few years back. Great choice. Enjoy the Corvette hobby and don't forget the wave.

:w

That's a fairly normal "complaint" complaint when it comes to Corvette ownership.
My wife and I had a CE a few years back. Great choice. Enjoy the Corvette hobby and don't forget the wave.

:w
I was 60 and have kicked myself ever since. Shoulda done it years ago. My 91 is the nicest car I have ever owned and I drive it all I can. It is my 8th convertible.

I have never been a big fan of black rims but with the silver lip on a silver car with the black hash stripes it ties everything together. I registered for the Ocean City, NJ A Day At The Beach - Corvette Style Show so I hope I will meet someone from here at the show. If anyone is going let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

I'm nowhere near that show but wanted to say Congrats On the 1st ! ! :cool!:

..and thats a good lookin car ! :thumb Love the silver/blk. :D

I got my first early in life. At around 29 yrs old. I got extremely lucky and things were going my way for a brief time.
I had the opportunity at the time, so i went for it. I've owned a Corvette ever since the 1st back in 1987. Some yrs it was a struggle to hold on, but I'm grateful that I did. Now that I'm semi retired I can enjoy it everyday and live knowing that I've had a Corvette in my driveway most of the yrs that I've been driving. Might not have been any cash in my pocket,....but there was a Corvette In my driveway ! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

all I remember for sure is that I'm still paying off the insurance premium for a single guy under 30 in Ca driving a new Corvette....(male, single, under 30 in Cali in a new Corvette spells BIG CLAIMS to an ins carrier!)

At 55 I think I'm near the end of the payments on that one. Funny....the loan to buy the insurance was more than the car loan itself...;LOL

Again, Congrats on the car....its a nice one and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

It'll give you many miles/yrs of fun and enjoyment and the people in the Vette community are great.... as long as you do the maint and give it the attention that it requires it'll never let you down. Neglect it and it's like an angry ex wife looking for her alimony check.....

Have Fun !

BTW...
A nice set of Zo6 Red brake calipers with big zinc drilled/slotted rotors would look real good behind those black wheels...
I happen to have a set for sale...if you;re interested..!

I just got my first one as well. It just happens to be a 96 CE as well!

I actually got it from my grandfather, so I'm starting the Vette ownership club pretty young as well. I'm only 26, and excited to have one. I've watched him build a 58, a 59, and a 72, and he recently bought me this one. Up until this point in my life, I've never been given anything, so it's pretty exciting!

Already hooked, and trying to figure out how to do rims, exhaust, intake all at once. Somehow I think I might have a corvette flu.....

Nice Ride!

Darn nice ride you have there. Funny how I was 55 and my first Corvette was a CE as well! A Corvette wasn't even on my mind when I went looking for a project but when I saw it, I fell in love with it. It wasn't remotely a project car either! Funny how things work out isn't it?

I just got my first one as well. It just happens to be a 96 CE as well!

......Somehow I think I might have a corvette flu.....

Congrats on your first Corvette and welcome to the :CAC

Get used to the Corvette grin... it's permanent. :D

:wJane Ann

Hey Sam I think you are already way past corvette flu I think you may already have the "corvette disease". I was pretty lucky with mine the rims and exhaust were done by the guy I bought it from. I am going to leave the intake alone and just change to a high quality air filter. In the spring it will get a complete fluid change to synthetics. Anybody have some suggestions for a good synthetic for the rear and auto trans? I am also joining a local corvette club in the next couple of weeks. Yesterday I made my room reservation for Corvettes at Carlisle 2012. I guess I have the sickness too!

T

Hey Sam I think you are already way past corvette flu I think you may already have the "corvette disease". I was pretty lucky with mine the rims and exhaust were done by the guy I bought it from. I am going to leave the intake alone and just change to a high quality air filter. In the spring it will get a complete fluid change to synthetics. Anybody have some suggestions for a good synthetic for the rear and auto trans? I am also joining a local corvette club in the next couple of weeks. Yesterday I made my room reservation for Corvettes at Carlisle 2012. I guess I have the sickness too!

T
imagejpeg_2vg.jpg

I think it is a disease! Since the day I've gotten it, I can't get off the internet looking for things for the vette. My wife is already annoyed :ugh I just picked up a set of c6 polished wheels with pretty good tires for $450 bucks from an awesome corvette show in Roseville CA. Now it's on to muffler eliminators, and tracking down an intake. I told myself I'd stop there, but I have a feeling there's not much chance of that. OH well......:beer

The intake side on these LT1 motors is pretty good. What are you planning on doing? I may try to open up my air filter lid with some louvers or some round holes and still keep it looking somewhat stock. I have Allen's chambered muffler eliminators on mine. They sound good at idle, loud when you get on it and fairly quiet with a slight drone when cruising. It's an American V8 muscle car it has to sound good! I think I might get a good tune on the PCM over the winter when I won't drive it much and I can send the PCM out.

T

BigT ... you always had Corvette flu and disease ...

... and you just found the cure!

Awesome car and you did well by waiting for the one in the best shape that fit your desires. And you have excellent taste in Corvettes! I love that car and the wheels are the bomb.

Now start buying the hats and T-shirts ... and jackets and coffee mugs ... and diecast and posters ... and books and magazines ...... and ............... and ............................. well, you get the picture.

Now what am I going to do with all the Harley hats and T-shirts ... and jackets and coffee mugs ... and diecast and posters ... and books and magazines ...... and ............... and ............................. well, you get the picture.

T

For now I still have it but in the spring it goes bye bye. I can only have one toy at a time.

T

"I think it is a disease!" So true. I'm on #2 now.

Welcome!!! Make sure you wave!!!:v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom