Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally

lltamc59

Corvette
'62 Honduras Maroon/Fawn 300 Oringal power plant
After about 2 yr we're off an running! Whoop!! :dance Don't have a clue how many miles as odemeter was broken at 56000+/- when I bought it. Compression was all over the park, generator was out. Someone had put the wrong head gaskets in and had creased the block, the "cross member" holding the transmission was in bassackards (made it a little hard to get in reverse. Thought the mechanism was just outa sorts/alignment). Now the engine is balanced and all is well. The body was in great shape with good to good+ paint on the body. Someone had put clear coat on the top with a few krinkles in it which has been corrected along with all new gaskets, headliner, etc. Will be looking forward to getting together with like souls in the area of College Station/Austin/Waco and maybe Houston., I always chid my oldest daughter (45) about me having to sell my 1st '59 Red/Red because she got to big to ride between the seats. If anyone bought a '59 Red/Red in Dallas spring/summer 1964 let me know. That just might be my 1st one. Sorry about the ramble, however my pulse rate at this time is racing a bit. Lynn

After about 2 yr we're off an running! Whoop!! :dance Don't have a clue how many miles as odemeter was broken at 56000+/- when I bought it. Compression was all over the park, generator was out. Someone had put the wrong head gaskets in and had creased the block, the "cross member" holding the transmission was in bassackards (made it a little hard to get in reverse. Thought the mechanism was just outa sorts/alignment). Now the engine is balanced and all is well. The body was in great shape with good to good+ paint on the body. Someone had put clear coat on the top with a few krinkles in it which has been corrected along with all new gaskets, headliner, etc. Will be looking forward to getting together with like souls in the area of College Station/Austin/Waco and maybe Houston., I always chid my oldest daughter (45) about me having to sell my 1st '59 Red/Red because she got to big to ride between the seats. If anyone bought a '59 Red/Red in Dallas spring/summer 1964 let me know. That just might be my 1st one. Sorry about the ramble, however my pulse rate at this time is racing a bit. Lynn
welcome to CAC!!! Great bunch of guys.....we love to share, so if you need help or adivce on anything, ask!!! We will help if we can and welcome!!! Oh, we really like photos!!! So lets see what ya got!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom