Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FINE59 updated pictures

jose

Corvette
onefine59
FINE59 hood release cable placement

Hi
Can anyone help me with the hood release cables Im not sure where in the fire wall do the cables go to enter the engine bay . I dont seem to see any holes low enough on the fire wall so the cable can present itself properly with the hood female catch,
I will have updates on fine59 in the next cople of days she is now on all four wheels running and hopefully drivable ready for paint and then assembly:happyanim:
thanks Jose

For those who have followed this build here are some updated pics of FINE59
I have driven it around the block a couple of times the first time in 12 years this has been a long and expensive project but soon will be completed.
I had a few issues with the clutch to find out with research that the old style spring clutches have adjustable fingers to locate my fork in the proper location. Two fractured brake lines that needed replacing half way through bleeding and Im sure Ill come across a few more before the build is over.
I have pre fitted all bars and mouldings all areas in the engine bay are finished bar the hood cable which I need info in their location the exhaust has just been fitted and the car wheel aligned. This means all the mechanical has been completed to allow the boys to block this car down and lay the final coats of Crown Sapphire. I dont really want to lean over painted guards to mess with too much.
I will post some pics now and some as soon as the top coat is layed down.:thumb

Attachments

• P1010563.jpg
    P1010563.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010564.jpg
    P1010564.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010567.jpg
    P1010567.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 99
WOW! What a journey!

Vette looks great!

Please keep posting pictures of your progress.

:w

Wow!! Someday mine will have paint too.

What do you need for pictures on the hood cable routing? Mine is original and never been apart so I can shoot any angle you want.

Tom

hood cable location

Hi Tom
The hood cables go from the cabin through the fire wall (as we call it here in Australia), and enter the engine bay to present themselves to the catches on either side of the engine bay.
I cant seem to find the holes on the fire wall to put the cables through.

Thanks Jose:ugh

I'm off to work in just a few minutes but I'll post pictures when I return home.

Tom

Photo 1 it's hard to see where the passenger side goes but it passes around back of the engine and is retained in a clip on the firewall. Look at photo 4 directly behind the road draft tube. Photo 3 shows the passenger side cable going through the firewall directly behind the throttle arm. Photo 2 shows the driver's side cable going under the master cylinder and through the far left side of the firewall.

I hope these help.

Tom

Attachments

• HPIM2063.jpg
    HPIM2063.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 97
  • HPIM2062.jpg
    HPIM2062.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 97
  • HPIM2060.jpg
    HPIM2060.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 92
  • HPIM2059.jpg
    HPIM2059.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 90
hood cable location

Thanks Tom
The hole on the master cylinder I have now used for both cable cos the one you have behind the throttle lever dose not exists
on my car , they seem to sit nice where they are.
I want to thank you very much for your efforts in helping me locate these cables, great pics by the way will save them for future reference,

Thanks again Jose

Hi
Can anyone help me with the hood release cables Im not sure where in the fire wall do the cables go to enter the engine bay . I dont seem to see any holes low enough on the fire wall so the cable can present itself properly with the hood female catch,
I will have updates on fine59 in the next cople of days she is now on all four wheels running and hopefully drivable ready for paint and then assembly:happyanim:
thanks Jose

The hood release cable installation and routing should be shown in your Assembly Manual.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom