Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FIRST CALLAWAY AWARDED NCRS McLELLAN AWARD

LIFTMAN

Corvette
1989,CALLAWAY,1962,1966 BIGBLOCK ROADSTER, 2001
At the NCRS national convention held in ST. CHARLES MS. this past week,
my 1989 B2K #35 was awarded the McLELLAN MARK OF EXCELLENCE award. This the first CALLAWAY to go all the way through the ncrs judging process. To qualify for this award the car has to first pass a performance verification, this is the most nerve wrecking judging anyone will ever go through. Every single function and operation on the car has to work as if the car had just come off the assembly line. As well as a 10 mile road test in which the car has to go 80 % of redline at least once.
This can only be done at a regional or national convention. #35 passed at the regional in Novi MI. this past May. Reeves himself was there and came over to check out the first CALLAWAY to pass PV.
After passing the PV the car is then judged at the nationals and has to score above 97%. With help from both Chris and Luigi , the judging went well and #35 scored a 99%.
The editor of the NCRS RESTORER magazine took numerous pictures and will be writing an article for an upcoming issue. The car will be on the cover of the fall issue
I look forward to seeing eveyone in carlisle.
mark [LIFTMAN]

Outstanding! I'll add my congrats also!

Can you post photos of this beauty? I'd love to see it.

:wJane Ann

Congrats-that is a tremendous accomplishment. The help we receive is what makes the Callaway Owners Group so special. How about some pictures before the article!!! :beer

CONGRATULATIONS!

Having been through this process with my '69 (for that era it's called the Duntov Award, but it is the same process), I can definitely appreciate this feat. It takes quite a car and owner to make it all the way through the process. You are correct, the PV is definitely the toughest - you never know what mechanical gremlins will show up unexpectedly.

This is definitely something to be proud of!

You never forget the first one !! Congratulations, truly something to be proud of.

:thumb Congrats! Great to achieve this level with your Callaway! :beer

Congrads Mark,
I had a 79 that received a Mclellan.Very nerve racking.

My congrats to you also on your 1988 #35, good job!
I own #35 1987, I took to Bloomington last year and was
awarded the Bloomington Gold Benchmark.

NED I saw your car in corvette magazine . Its a great looking car.I plan on taking the car to bloomington and then Vettefest for the triple crown. At the nationals in St.Charles
Your car came up in conversation about the regional in denver. I don't agree with their conclusion but they go by their own standards. When Chris gets through reviewing the ncrs manuals, it should be easier to have cars judged in the future

Looking forward to the next version of the NCRS manual on Callaways, some of the 'experts' may have to open their eyes instead of using wrong information they have used for years judging these special corvettes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom