Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FIRST "DING"

59-62USNVET

Corvette
Had:76,87TT,90TT,03 ZO6, Have 06 ZO6
I am not getting any sympathy from either friends or family, so I feel that I must reach out to my fellow Corvette owners. Last week I was in a line of traffic stopped at a light. The light turned green and the car in front of me proceeded to go. Before I could move I was hit three rapid times in the rear of my up to then beloved cherry Velocity Yellow 06 Z06 across the width of the rear (rubber?). No other body damage. The other guy was driving a tractor trailer. He said he didn't see me over the plastic hood of his Kenworth. He never even offered an apology. His insurance is on the hook for about $1900.00 due me. "Just" scratches and paint for the Vet. If you can find any humor at all in this, he suffered two cracks in his hood. He said he never felt any impact. I am lucky he didn't crawl right up the rear of the Vet and crush me. I really need a shoulder to cry on.

59-62USNVET

If he didn't see you, he shouldn't be driving. ;)

He got "two cracks in his Kenworth's hood"? and you only got $1,900 worth of damage?? :confused You are one lucky dude. Count your blessings. I guess you can feel "sick" and lucky at the same time right. You have my sympathy. Makes me sick thinking about it.

On the dark side, think how flat your arse would be if you'd been on a bike.

67HEAVEN said:

compyelc4 said:
On the dark side, think how flat your arse would be if you'd been on a bike.

I strongly agree with both of these statements. Did you ask if it was the day off for his seeing eye dog?!? He couldn't see a VELOCITY YELLOW Corvette?!? What a maroon! What a noodle! What a perfect a$$! I'd have likely gotten hurt anyway because I'd have probably HIT HIM.
teu42.gif

Glad you're okay... you have my sympathies and my respect that you didn't commit a felony on the spot.

One can only hope that the accident AND his statement to you will land him in an un-employment line.

:w Jane Ann

Need a shoulder

6 Shooter:
At this point in time grandma is starting to look pretty good to me.

59-62USNVET

59-62USNVET said:
he suffered two cracks in his hood.

59-62USNVET

I feel your pain!
If it had been me he would have been fixing 18 .357 magnum holes in his tires.

Hope all goes well.

Signed,
Rearended in Dallas by a Teenager

67HEAVEN said:

He was paying attention to the hooker in the cab......;LOL

Sorry 59-62.....It makes me cringe just thinking about a vette getting hit....

Sounds like you handled it very well. I'm sure I'd be flaming....

I am sorry you had the incident and am glad you did not get hurt but IMHO if you had a RED vette he probably would have seen you!!:D
And so the yellow controversy begins again....:argue
View attachment 10770
View attachment 10773

He drives for a living, but can't see the cars in front of him. Thats real nice.
Sorry your pink, er, yellow Vette got smash.:lou

Dang, that's a shame.
I'm with Jane Ann, I would have probably ended up committing a felony on the jacka** :mad

Also, you should go see a doctor right away for those pains you've been having in your neck.

Tammy

I hope you get the Z06 back in showroom shape soon! It probably isn't the truck drivers first incident.

Save the wave!

NECK "INJURY"

TAMMY:
Funny you should mention a possible "Neck Injury". Within one week of the accident I received an unsolicited letter from a local ambulance chasing chiropractor offering "free" insurance compensating services. His letter to me included a copy of the accident report that was obtained from the local P.D. How in the world did he know about the accident? In New Jersey it falls under N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1. Something like a freedom of info thing. The accident report shows NO injuries. I am not in any way physically injured and have no respect for people that feign injury to collect a few bucks. Something that ends up costing all of us higher insurance premiums.

59-62USNVET said:
I am not in any way physically injured and have no respect for people that feign injury to collect a few bucks.

Good for you. Many people would try to capitalize on something like that.
I'm surprised you didn't get contacted by a lawyer as well as a chiropractor.

Tammy

59-62USNVET said:
TAMMY:
Funny you should mention a possible "Neck Injury". Within one week of the accident I received an unsolicited letter from a local ambulance chasing chiropractor offering "free" insurance compensating services. His letter to me included a copy of the accident report that was obtained from the local P.D. How in the world did he know about the accident? In New Jersey it falls under N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1. Something like a freedom of info thing. The accident report shows NO injuries. I am not in any way physically injured and have no respect for people that feign injury to collect a few bucks. Something that ends up costing all of us higher insurance premiums.

I would suggest that you send a copy of that letter to the Board of Medicine, the Attorney General, and whatever board oversees chiropractic "medicine".

Ambulance Chasing

Tammy:
Guess what came in the mail yesterday. Two unsolicited introductory letters from LAWYERS willing to take on "my case" at no cost except contingent fees after obtaining favorable judgement for my "injuries". To quote one short sentance: "This office obtained this information from the police Department in compliance with N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1". A right to Know Law, R.1:38. Police report stated NO injuries all parties hmmmmmm........

59-62USNVET

Damn ambulance chasers. No wonder everything cost so much.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom