Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First drive this spring

Dave

Corvette
2001 Pewter coupe
Spring!!! ...finally here in upstate NY. I got my '01 out for the first time this spring after 4 long months of the winter blues. I had a Battery Tender hooked up to it all winter, so when I turned the key...it was as if I had just driven it yesterday! I took it for about a 40 mile drive and did it feel GREAT!! It felt strong and ready to prance...
Wow, do I feel good...what a ride!
Dave

ah yes

There is nothing like the first really warm days of spring for getting out and getting the juices flowing again. Even better when you crank it right up and its ready to go.

I'm looking forward to getting the brakes replaced on ours and getting back on the road too.:Steer

I keep a battery tender on mine as well; keeps not only the battery at charge level without harming the battery but keeps all the memory junk up to par as well. I must admit I have not driven mine yet, was going to but too much after winter junk going on. Got to change the oil hopefully this next week, check the psi in the tires and etc. Then I am going for an all day drive.

Spring has sprung I think but then again this is Indiana and who knows?

Bill

I must report something to add to this discussion.

The weather here has been quite nice this past week. We did get an overnight rain Saturday, but by Sunday morning, it has blown over, and the skies were blue, sunny and clear. And the day was warm without being hot. A perfect spring day.

I took the Corvette down to Colorado Springs- about an hour drive for me- to have Sunday dinner with the family. Now that we're into Spring, the days have gotten longer, so that when I got back on the road after dinner, the sun was just hanging low over the mountains to the west, but hadn't yet begun to set.

The drive home featured virtually no traffic on I-25: a very rare ocurrence. And I was definately enjoying it. I took a CD I hadn't listened to in a while: Brian Setzer Orchestra's "The Dirty Boogie." As I was crossing over Monument Hill (and for those of you coming out here to CruiseFest, we'll be happy to show you how significant a land feature Monument Hill is. ;) ) the CD began to play Brian Setzer's cover of "Sleepwalking."

I turned the volume up, I pressed the gas a bit, and a big grin hit my face! Talk about near religious experience- I had goosebumps all over from how cool that moment was. And that's when I finally came to accept: Winter is DONE! This horrendous winter we've had has no teeth any more!

A very nice Spring realization!
:D

-Patrick

Despite the mostly poor "Spring" weather here in N. IN. my C5 has been out several times. As I still can't ride my bikes, due to neck operations and now Bell's Palsey, the Corvette is the best substitute I have. Driving her is always fun and something I look forward to doing. The Vette is a real 4 wheeled "treat"! DFO :D

I turned the volume up, I pressed the gas a bit, and a big grin hit my face! Talk about near religious experience- I had goosebumps all over from how cool that moment was. And that's when I finally came to accept: Winter is DONE! This horrendous winter we've had has no teeth any more!

A very nice Spring realization!

-Patrick

Sounds like something from a Norman Rockwell, almost a religious experience Patrict. . . . . Spring has sprung here, too much rain to do too much but I think the week end is suppose to be better.

We'll be in at least in 5th gear this week end. . . Will drive it like I stoled it :lou

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom