Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First pass ever

H

hotrodd

I just wondered if someone could tell me if these 660 foot number's are any good? The 1/4 mile was 14.34,horrible for what I got,but I know the 660 was a good run as far as no mistake,s.Here they are 60ft.2.322 660 ft.9.331,reaction time,.340.That could get addictive!

H

hotrodd

It was the 4 light tree 1/2 second on each light.I hope that is what you meant,I thought I knew a little about drag racin,but I am learning.Alot happen's real fast.Man it is fun! Thank's.

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
You're definitely right about that -- IT'S FUN!!

This is from the NHRA Rulebook:
THREE-AMBER STARTING SYSTEM: All three amber floodlights in a driver's lane flash simultaneously before the green light comes on. This is called a "pro start" system. Racers running in handicap categories get a countdown of one amber light at a time until the green light comes on. The "pro start" system runs with a .4-second difference between the amber and green lights. The handicap system runs with a .5-second difference between bulbs. Many non-national-event tracks still use a five-amber-light countdown for handicap racing.

So, you can see why I'm confused by the .340 number in your reaction time. ;)

_ken :w

H

hotrodd

Thank You Ken.I will find out about all that,everyone question's the R.T. but it is in black and white on the time slip?

JHL

Corvette
81 4 speed
Looks like you pulled a red light.

J.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom