Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Pictures of My Car Being Painted

Bob, the car looks awesome!

-John

Awesome Bob. It's for sure a garage queen now huh? Don't do the stripes.

Wax on wax off, wax on wax off.

Regards,
Mike

Nice job, Andre! Thanks for doing that!!

I used to play with PhotoChop a bit but my latest computer's version isn't user-friendly. I think my favorite effort was a spoof on one of those motivational posters....

-Mac

I like the double-stripe version...hubba-hubba!
Not sure what it is about stripes that appeals to me...did Speed Racer's Mach5 have stripes? If so, that's where it comes from. I know my love for the C3 body style is influenced by Speed's Mach5.
The Devil looks great, Bob. When did you change it's name from Ray?
Heidi

Bob Chadwick said:
More pictures.
PaintedCarHome7.jpg

PaintedCarHome2.jpg

Bob,

OMG the car looks beautiful (and of coarse so does Jodi). Man, after all the time and worry it's finally done. And yes I agree that it looks just fine without strips. Although I would have voted for the single wide white strip ala 96 Grand Sport style. But in the end you made the right decision - it looks great.

Remo:cool

Stripes or no stripes, looking good. You've got to be ecstatic about the way she looks now..

Remo said:
Bob,

OMG the car looks beautiful (and of coarse so does Jodi). Man, after all the time and worry it's finally done. And yes I agree that it looks just fine without strips. Although I would have voted for the single wide white strip ala 96 Grand Sport style. But in the end you made the right decision - it looks great.

Remo:cool

What car?? Oh, the car behind the babe - Hi Jodi ;).
Looking good Bob!

:w
Guy

Your Paint Looks Awesome

Hi Bob,

Just a quick note to let you know that I just read the posts on your paint job. Congratulations! It looks incredible!

I am sure it must give you even more enjoyment than before cruising in that BLUDVIL.

Compared to most here on CAC, I am relatively new to the Vette world... but love it. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet you and the alot of the other CAC folks in one of those Vette events (I haven't been to one of those yet). :beer

Ralph

Awesome Paint!

I'm a new vette owner, black 1980, and mine doesn't look anythig like this. Out of curiosity, how much would it cost me to make mine look this great??

Ralph, Maybe we'll see you at Carlisle this year.

1st Vette, a lot of it depends on whether or not you need any body work, the labor rates where you live, etc. Plan on at least $4,000 -5,000 unless you can do the prep work yourself.

Bob

Bob: How much effort was it too clean up the interior and engine compartment after the paint job? I have heard some say it is alot of work to get all the "dust" removed from every crevice, seam and engine/interior part . Which would you recommend--paint exterior first then do a new interior, or vice versa--or does it matter? I have seen people do it both ways.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom