Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First real cruise today!

S

Seahorse51

Took my baby for her firsr real cruise since I got her a month ago. Beautiful day here in Colorado. I had a Dr's appt. in Frisco (near Breckenridge) this AM so I decided I would take her. Drove north from home thru Leadville and over Tennessee pass at the Climax mine, roughly 11,500 ft, and down thru Copper Mountain Ski resort. Then I-70 for a few miles east to Frisco. When finished I went on east to Denver, down C-470 th Hwy 285 then SW to Buena Vista thru some of the most beautiful country god has created. All in all about 250 miles. I-70 was a blast, set the cruise on 85 and fly. The mountains take on a whole different perspective from the cockpit of a Vette. The glass roof panel kept me in awe. And the faster I went, the faster she seemed to want to go.

Baby performed flawlessly and makes me wonder why I waited 52 years for this.

I would normally say that cruisin' with the Vette is the next best thing to sex but at 52 it might just have passed sex.

We were in the upper 70s last week here in Missouri and I had a chance to go topless and cruise on our stretch of I-70. What a day. It had been way too long since I had the top off. To me, that is living.

Here's to more days like that for all of us!

:beer

:( Snow here today in Tennessee........Tomorrow in the 70's

Some people are just too lucky... it is overcast and off and on rainy here, nothing but flat land but at least the roads are good for going fast in the boonies...:bu

p.s.- Forgot to mention that the county police around here is not allowed to give chase... only state troopers I think. Heard this from a cop at the local PD.

Ditto the last about SC, but we get to drive year round without fear of natural disasters.

But as I'm typing this, I remember when I was a young fellow (mid 60's) in western New York, there was this young math teacher, Terry J, who had a midnight blue 63 splitwindow (327/340/4spd/posi) who drove it everyday, and one of the secretaries (Mrs G.) who had a white 61 with a 283/pg who also drove most every day, and we were on the eastern portion of the Lake Erie snowbelt.

Wow! That's sounds like a great ride.

I was thinking of taking vacation the last week of May and flying in to Denver and doing the mountains. How's the weather up there that time of year? Will I be able to cruise through the mountains? What do you recommend?
Thanks,
Andy
96CE-LT4

Congrats! but ............
I would normally say that cruisin' with the Vette is the next best thing to sex but at 52 it might just have passed sex.
......... nyet ;) :dance

Now that its nice out and we get to "play" with our cfv's more, watch out , the boys in blue know it to, and that "Laser" is a PITA :cry :nono , got me at the 85 you said you were going ........... and I'm buddys with the sheriff, he laughed and said pay it :L .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom