Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First road trip- VERY imressive!

C_Dogg

Corvette
'07 Vert Triple Black
We've just completed a two day 500+ mile trip in our 97 Coupe, and I am VERY impressed with the handling, performance and comfort. Kudos to the engineers at GM. I never expected such a "road high" from driving a car! Just can't say enough about it.
Luv my C5.
Stan

I remember the first trip my wife and I took in our c-5.It was to Knoxville,Tenn. About 400mi round trip. The car was amazing. The handling and the comfort. Heck the gas mileage. The space for luggage,the power. GM got this one right :Roll

Glad to hear that you injoyed your trip. Isn't that what it is all about. It is nice to see that the Vette is a great car to take on a trip and enjoy it. You can't say that with many cars.

The Amazing Road Eater

My wife and I have made two 1250mile round trips from the Big Apple to Ann Arbor in the past 8 months. On the last trip back, we drove the entire 625 miles with a nail in the right rear tire without losing tire pressure, thru a horrendous T-Storm that dumped tons of rain on us for hours.

The coupe has been driven in rain, snow, 106 deg. heat, and sub-zero cold, four-hour traffic jams, and wide open road. And all of it a complete joy.

I'm in total agreement, Kudos to the Engineers at GM! This is one amazing car. I can't imagine driving anything else.

The Amazing Road Eater

My wife and I have made two 1250mile round trips from the Big Apple to Ann Arbor in the past 8 months. On the last trip back, we drove the entire 625 miles with a nail in the right rear tire without losing tire pressure, thru a horrendous T-Storm that dumped tons of rain on us for hours.

The coupe has been driven in rain, snow, 106 deg. heat, and sub-zero cold, four-hour traffic jams, and wide open road. And all of it a complete joy.

I'm in total agreement, Kudos to the Engineers at GM! This is one amazing car. I can't imagine driving anything else.

If anyone would like to know what it is like driving a C5 on and extend (and I mean extended) long trip feel free to contact me. I have 30K miles in 6 mos....... hahahaaa... maintenance every 3K of course. ;worship

Road Trip

My 01 Coupe has been great on road trips. It has been on 3 in the past 2 months totalling over 3000 miles. Where else can you find a car with this type of performance and a 25 cubic foot trunk? As for gas mileage, mine gets even higher than initial rating due to Corsa aftermarket exhaust (get an avg 32 mpg on interstate).

We have to agree!

Yes, the C5 is truly a marvel. Among our several memorable trips was that very first day (12/27/97), when we drove our '98 convertible home after an R8C NCM delivery in Bowling Green. Highly recommended, by the way!

Last summer my wife and I made a 2,000 miles round trip to K.C. and back, carrying a wedding present and our baggage for a two week trip. We really enjoyed the scenic route out .. especially curvy Arkansas route 14 in the Ozarks, really a Corvette road. And this amazing car had room left for us to have the top down most of the time, weather permiting! (This is especially amazing considering that after forty years of marriage my wife doesn't travel especially lightly ...)

You really have to have driven an older 'vette (or any other sports car) on trips to truly appreciate these statements.

And after more than a thousand miles on the way back (mostly interstate), the computer was showing 30.4 mpg when we arrived at home. Truly amazing, considering that while the hammer wasn't down hard, we weren't in a mileage derby either....

Gotta love that car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom