Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First time buyer looking for Advice...

In with deciding between and '95 and a '96. The '96 models have 13" high performance brakes standard verses optional in '95. The computers communication protocol was upgraded to ODBII from ODBI in '96, this makes it easier to diagnose problems with a scanner.

The C4 and C5 have such different personalities that it would be hard to say which is better. The new cars makes for a better daily driver since they are newer and service is easier - most of the time. The C4 is getting a few years on as even the 1996 is 14 years old now.

The C4 feels like you're strapping on a fighter jet while the C5 is much more refined with more room. The C4 rewards agressive driving styles while the C5 reward finese.

Drive both examples and find out what personality you like.

C5 OR C6:cool

I have a 92 Z07 6-speed coupe and a 97 6-speed coupe.

I would take the 92 any day over the C5. True, the C5 is a bit more refined and definitely has more power. But my 92 is just plain nicer to drive. It's hard to explain -- the clutch, shifter, seat, steering wheel, controls, ride -- it all adds up to a nicer experience in the 92.

The "shift 1-4" crap on the C5 is definitely a downer :eyerole

John

The C5 was designed for the middle aged. Wide seats to match the butt. It was refined to match the buyer. The C4 makes you feel as if you are part of the car. Besides the C5 has a fat butt looking rear end.:L

The C5 was designed for the middle aged. Wide seats to match the butt. It was refined to match the buyer. The C4 makes you feel as if you are part of the car. Besides the C5 has a fat butt looking rear end.:L

;LOLYou know, I test drove a '97 a year or so ago and it didn't feel like as much as a sports car as my C4 does! The C4 makes you feel apart of the road. The C5 almost feels more like a sports sedan, compared to the C4.

Yep!! Owning both I agree 100% When I'm with the wife and we go out we usually take the 99 and I have to be more aware of my driving habit's ;squint: But when I'm in the LT-4 I feel like I'm 19 again :beer The LT-4 is solid and strong, don't get me wrong the C-5 is strong and fun to drive but the way you sit in it plus being an automatic doesn't do it for me But that's just my opinion.;shrug P.S. If I wanted comfort I wouldn't have sold our Mark VIII

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom