Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First time here in awhile

• Thread starter Thread starter 4cefed
  • Start date Start date

4cefed

Just wanted to say that I will be posting over here from now on. I am done with brand "X"

Now back on topic. Does anyone have any info on GM remanufactured ZF6 tranny's. My car has one in it (got it when I bought the car). Do they do a good job rebuilding them. My 415 is almost done and was just wanting opinions on the quality of their rebuilds

Welcome to CAC.

Although I too have a 90 six speed not a ZR1) , I don't have any info for you on the rebuild stuff. We have a few ZR1 folks here that might be able to help you out there.

There is a great site that gives tons of details about the ZF, and contacts for rebuilding. I will have to search through my archives and try to locate that for you.

4cefed said:
Just wanted to say that I will be posting over here from now on. I am done with brand "X"

Now back on topic. Does anyone have any info on GM remanufactured ZF6 tranny's. My car has one in it (got it when I bought the car). Do they do a good job rebuilding them. My 415 is almost done and was just wanting opinions on the quality of their rebuilds

Joel,

Welcome back. Out of curiosity, have you talked to Bill Boudreau who owns a company that specializes in rebuilding the ZF? I'm curious what his take would be on your questions. Give him a shout as he might be able to shed some light. His web site is here: http://www.zfdoc.com/

Re: Re: First time here in awhile

Rob said:
Joel,

Welcome back. Out of curiosity, have you talked to Bill Boudreau who owns a company that specializes in rebuilding the ZF? I'm curious what his take would be on your questions. Give him a shout as he might be able to shed some light. His web site is here: http://www.zfdoc.com/

Ah, you beat me to it Rob. That is exactly the link I was hunting down.

There is a ton of great information at that site.

Re: Re: Re: First time here in awhile

69MyWay said:
Ah, you beat me to it Rob. That is exactly the link I was hunting down.

There is a ton of great information at that site.
Yup, Bill's site is linked in our Portal (tab at the top of this page) under: Parts and Accessories >> Clutch and Transmission. :)

Thanks. Yes I did talk to Bill but that was before I knew they were remanufacered GM units. I knew the tranny was rebuilt and I called Bill to see if he did the rebuild and what the problem was. I then called Aaron Scott to get the S/N of the unit and that is when he told me it was a GM remanufactured unit. I wonder if Bill does those for GM? I will email him and ask. Thanks for the links guys.

Just wanted to say howdy Joel :w Can't wait to hear about the 415. Are you going to the gathering? Good luck w/ the tranny.

Wecome to the CAC Joel, please post some kill stories when the 415 takes flight. 84 CF 91 ZR-1

Joel,
Maybe I missed it on the "other" site, but are you going to spray your 415?

Hi Brian, how is it going. Nice to see an orderly migration to mostly one spot. i will miss the guys/gals on the other forum.
Yes, I might make it this year. It would be my first time.

BCZR-1 said:
Just wanted to say howdy Joel :w Can't wait to hear about the 415. Are you going to the gathering? Good luck w/ the tranny.

The plan is that I will not initially but you never know what I will do after I lose the first time. :)

vettel83, thanks for the welcome and you knwo their will be a lot of killing stories coming real soon. Wouldn't you know it, the other forumshuts down the very section that I was planning to start posting some kills again. My luck I guess. As it has worked out I think i like this Forum better. It is in the same format as the old Corvette Forum and I liked it.

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
Joel,
Maybe I missed it on the "other" site, but are you going to spray your 415?

Hey Joel :w

Seems to be a good gathering hole. I got tired of the other one. Nice to see after a few months everyone finds a place to hang out again.

sirhC

:upthumbs :upthumbs

Glad to see everyone !!!
Still looking for that guy from Nepal.

Joel, The trans in my car was also a GM rebuilt unit. And as soon as this NOS crap is done. The trans. will be shipped to Bill B for the full cryo treatment. Plus tossing the ripper shifter out.
Save some time. Get it off to Bill now.
Happy to hear your car is starting to see the light at the end of the 415 tunnel !! Can't wait to hear how she rip's !!

:w

Frank,
I think I have waited until it's too late. Might send it out there this summer when it get's too hot to drive it here in Sunny Dallas. :)
I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. The problem is the light seems to get brighter and for what ever reason it fades a little, then brightens a little, then fades again, then gets what you think is brighter then it fades a little. I think it's getting brighter again. :) Whoaaaw! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. I'll let you know if it does get brighter. Should know in a week or so.
Hey, have you ever raced each of your 368's against each other? If you ever need a spare driver, let me know!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom