Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Vette

Seeker95

Just bought my first Corvette (yea super excited) a 1978 L48 four speed and wondered where a recommended vette shop could be found in the Minneapolis area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to CAC!!!!
Enjoy!!!
Congrats on the vette

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your first Corvette. I would suggest that you see if there is a Corvette club local to you that you could join. Club members will have suggestions and opinions as to who to use and who to stay away from concerning having your car worked on. Just cuz they have a Corvette picture in their ad doesn't make them Corvette repairmen.

Congrats on your first Corvette. I would suggest that you see if there is a Corvette club local to you that you could join. Club members will have suggestions and opinions as to who to use and who to stay away from concerning having your car worked on. Just cuz they have a Corvette picture in their ad doesn't make them Corvette repairmen.

Thanks a lot SVO. I spoke with another member of NCRS and will get some advice from him as well as checking into a club.

Welcome to the forum. I joined less than a year ago and have found that everyone out here is knowledgeable and willing to help.
Good suggestion to look for a club in your area, I found a couple that had helpful links.
:w

Welcome to the forum. I joined less than a year ago and have found that everyone out here is knowledgeable and willing to help.
Good suggestion to look for a club in your area, I found a couple that had helpful links.
:w
Thanks. I was able to talk with a guy out of Buffalo who have several Corvettes and a long time member of a club.

Very good advice. I could list a lot of vendors and vette shops that I had to correct work on. Your best bet with your new vette, drive it. Let the surface rust sit there for now. See how much you like it and put miles on it. If it's typical vette you will soon know what areas need to be addressed and then you can look at cleaning up the parts.

If you can turn a wrench and have the desire you will be your car's best mechanic. I have taught many and still hold rebuilding seminars at Carlisle so take your time and enjoy it before you end up doing a body off!

Very good advice. I could list a lot of vendors and vette shops that I had to correct work on. Your best bet with your new vette, drive it. Let the surface rust sit there for now. See how much you like it and put miles on it. If it's typical vette you will soon know what areas need to be addressed and then you can look at cleaning up the parts.

If you can turn a wrench and have the desire you will be your car's best mechanic. I have taught many and still hold rebuilding seminars at Carlisle so take your time and enjoy it before you end up doing a body off!

Thanks Gary. I really appreciate your input. I have been driving it and noticing little things here and there but man is this vehicle a blast. I'm not real handy with a wrench but figure I'll get a manual and start looking looking over the systems to familiarize myself with this fantastic machine. Can't believe I went this long without one but real grateful now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom