Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fitted car cover wanted

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Not loking for anything on Ebay or any of the generic car covers. I am looking for a fitted top of the line cover. Will be used indoors.

The cheapos cause more harm then good as far as scratches putting them on and off.

Alan

Hi

While l agree with you but l just hate to spend $100 on a so-so new cover when l can get a better quality one used and help out a fellow forum member at the same time.

I'm not in a hurry and l am using a very light weight one (indoors only) that my buddy uses on his exotics. He feel that the lighter the better to prevent scratches. And we are talking about true exotics.

People are strange!

Alan

Is this such a strange request??

kingman said:
Is this such a strange request??

Alan,
I wouldn't put this in the category of a "strange" request, but I would put in the category of a hard to fill request.

Given the cost of fitted, good quality car covers for the Corvette, when someone buys one new, they tend to want to stick with it. I'd hazard a guess that unless you find someone who's recently sold a C5 and the sale didn't include their car cover, you're unlikely to find someone who wants to part with a car cover. After all, why would someone sell a car cover that they're using, is in good condition, and they're happy with?

I hate to say this, but if you want one used, Ebay may be your best bet. Otherwise, you may be looking at shopping for one new. Try our vendors, like MidAmerica Corvette or Corvette America and see what they have. The cost of a good car cover will obviously be lower if you can find one that doesn't include the Corvette logo and crossed flags emblem on it (you pay a premium for anything that comes with a Corvette logo due to merchandising/licensing fees on that logo.)

Good luck in your search!

:w
-Patrick

Patrick

You are probably correct because l have had no luck so far but again l'm not in a rush. If l don't find one by the end of Sept l'll buy a new one.

As far as E-bay, in my opinion it's good for some things but most of the car covers listed are at or near retail.

Alan

Car Cover

Picked up a Nextec (used)

Thanks

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom