Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Flashing ABS, Traction, Active Handling Lights

altonloe

Corvette
2009 Crystal Red Metalic
In the last week I've had two occasions when all three of these warning lights come on when starting the engine: ABS, Traction Control, Active Handling. They all come on at once, just after starting the car. I turn off the engine, and then start it again, and the lights don't come on.

I can't believe that all three systems would fail at the same instance, so I'm pretty sure this is a false alarm. Does anyone had this problem, and what do you do to fix it, besides just restarting the engine?

Thanks!

I can't believe that all three systems would fail at the same instance, so I'm pretty sure this is a false alarm. Does anyone had this problem, and what do you do to fix it, besides just restarting the engine?

Thanks!
Oh but they will,There all 3 tied together!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

As Jane Ann says,Pull the codes and post them!!ALL of them,even any that don't seem like they pertain to the ABS,TC,or AH!:upthumbs

If, you start the engine, those three lights come on and stay on until you turn the key off, it means you may have a fault...an electrical problem...which affects ABS, AH and TCS. The three systems are interconnected and related so, most likely the fault which is present, is in some part which all three systems use.

If you are DIY, follow the instructions referenced above to extract the trouble codes from the three modules then consult the Factory Service Manual for diagnostic and repair directions.

If you're not a DIY, you need to take the car to a GM dealer or independent service facility familiar with diagnostics of the electronics on a C5 Vette.

I pulled the codes. No codes are present.

I guess if the lights are all flashing, they figure you don't need to know any codes! ;)

never said anything about wiring........steering position sensor. its at the base of the steering colume. it looks like a doughnut. i had the dealership do it 300$ parts and labor.

It sounds a lot like the problem i had last year. It could be the ABS module is on the way out. If you know that for sure, go to the ABSfixer.com. Remove the module yourself (if necessary) and send it Brandon. Usually its$150 repair and hes very quick to send it back. Good Luck!!:thumb

It sounds a lot like the problem i had last year. It could be the ABS module is on the way out. If you know that for sure, go to the ABSfixer.com. Remove the module yourself (if necessary) and send it Brandon. Usually its$150 repair and hes very quick to send it back. Good Luck!!:thumb

That's a good suggestion. The problem has gone away for the present. I'm planning to check the grounds as suggested by others on the forum, and then move on to other fixes if needed. I'll hold onto this suggestion as I'm sure it is a lot cheaper to use ABSfixer than to buy a new module.

That's a good suggestion. The problem has gone away for the present. I'm planning to check the grounds as suggested by others on the forum, and then move on to other fixes if needed. I'll hold onto this suggestion as I'm sure it is a lot cheaper to use ABSfixer than to buy a new module.
It could be the groud but if its anything like my situation it will probably come back. If you have to replace the module DIY its real easy. You can take the upper radiator hose loose from the radiator side and move it up and out of the way and you can get right to it from the driver's side of the engine compartment. The dealership scared the **** of me with a possible $1800 repair tab so I did it myself.

I pulled the codes. No codes are present.

I guess if the lights are all flashing, they figure you don't need to know any codes! ;)

I was wrong. There are codes. I just had to wait a while for them to come up. When I did this the first time, it said "no codes", but then I realized that was only for the first group of codes. Here's a list of the codes I have:

C1255 EBTCM Internal Malfunction
U1096 Loss of Communications with IPC
C1226 LF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
U1160 Loss of Communications with LDCM
U1064 Loss of Communications with BCM
U1016 Loss of Communication with PCM
U1255 Serial Data Line Malfunction

All have the letter "H" after them, which I thinks means that they are old. Is that right? Anyway, I've had this error come up three times in the last month. It is not a hard failure, but is annoying. If I pull over to the side of the road, turn off the engine, and then start it again, the error messages go away. I'm a computer guy, so this reminds me a lot of rebooting Windows.

Any suggestions?

Just a thought, but how old is your battery?

I was wrong. There are codes. I just had to wait a while for them to come up. When I did this the first time, it said "no codes", but then I realized that was only for the first group of codes. Here's a list of the codes I have:

C1255 EBTCM Internal Malfunction
C1226 LF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
U1160 Loss of Communications with LDCM
U1064 Loss of Communications with BCM
U1016 Loss of Communication with PCM
U1255 Serial Data Line Malfunction

All have the letter "H" after them, which I thinks means that they are old. Is that right? Anyway, I've had this error come up three times in the last month. It is not a hard failure, but is annoying. If I pull over to the side of the road, turn off the engine, and then start it again, the error messages go away. I'm a computer guy, so this reminds me a lot of rebooting Windows.

Any suggestions?

First thing I would do is Clean and Inspect ALL Grounds!!:thumbBe sure to take the 2 gang grounds by the Rt and Lt hood henge's completely apart to clean!:thumbClear history and test drive a day or two and see what comes back if anything!:thumb

C5 Ground Locations
#1,4 and 5 are behind the interior trim panels.:thumb

attachment.php

I have the same problem. Dealer wants thousands to fix. Don't know what to do. Lights stay on all the time, get tired of hitting reset button.

I have the same problem. Dealer wants thousands to fix. Don't know what to do. Lights stay on all the time, get tired of hitting reset button.

Stacy...

today's your lucky day! Three things come to mind:
  1. Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!
  2. Your location shows you're in NC! and
  3. NC just happens to be the homebase for one of the craziest and nicest Corvette Hillbillies you'd ever want to meet. gmjunkie
If you've tried performing my suggestion in Post #2 and you're unable to perform Hib's suggestion in Post #4, then I would send a private message to Jesse and enlist his help.

It may still be a costly repair, but Jesse will be honest with you and he won't steer you wrong.

Keep us posted!
:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom