Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

flickering interior lights

T

trent81

Anyone might have an idea why my interior lights flicker with engine running. Checked alt. seems to be working ok. Its very faint but its there and it drives me nuts. 81 stock engine

Must be nice to have interior lights. Mine have never worked yet.

Flickering Lights..

In the Utility business we would suspect a loose neutral wire or bad ground in the Main Service Panel :D

That translates to: You probably have a bad ground in you light circuit. Are we talking about the intrument panel? If so, There is a common ground point up under the dash you may need to check to make sure it is clean and grounded tightly.

Chances are if the head lights don't dim when getting off the gas and the interior lights eg.. overhead and walk a round light are ok then it is likely to be common to the one circuit.. It doesn't hurt anything to check all the ground points every so often either.

Good Luck :J

BudD

Rare81 can you tell me more precisely where that common ground is under the dash? Thanks.

Ground Connection

The ground connection point is located on the side panel up under the drivers side to the cage frame via a bolt... I think it is a 7/16" bolt head.. Not sure about that.. This is the main ground point for the intrument cluster.. Be sure to check connections at the Lights too.. maybe be a loose connection on the HOT leg too.

BudD
:w

hi

rarel81........

man you are a wealth of info,,,, thanks

PICTURE

HOW DO I GET MY CORVETTE PICTURE UNDER MY NAME ??

Re: PICTURE

CSCARLSON said:
HOW DO I GET MY CORVETTE PICTURE UNDER MY NAME ??

Way to Carl.. Looking good.. :D
BudD

rare81

thanks for all the help and advice

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom