Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

flomaster mufflers

77D-VeTTe

Corvette
'77 Black 4sp Coupe '96 Polo Green Coupe
Does anyone know if the flowmaster mufflers advertised in Eclkers, Jegs, and Summit for the 84-90 models will fit a '96 Lt1.
Thanks

-D

-'77 muncie, coupe
-'96 auto, coupe (daily driver)

just curious, you've got LT1 mufflers on your 86, or you have flows on your 86?

Not sure exactly, but i think the kits are usually specific to that particular vehicle.....i'm sure you can buy the mufflers themselves, and then have a shop or someone else fab up some tubing for you...but as far as the kit goes, like i said, i'm not too sure, put i'll point to no for now.

I think they could fit with some improvisation. The 84-90's have the rear y-pipe and I believe that the LT1 powered Vette's do not have that same y-pipe configuration.

Flowmaster makes a complete cat back system for the LT-1 designed specifically for the LT-1 motor. I installed there cat back system on my ZR-1 in about one hour on a hoist. Everything fit perfect. Sounds great and won't shake the local law enforcement out of hiding if your not standing on it hard. Check them out at www.flowmastermufflers.com

Correct, the flowmasters for pre-LT1 corvettes will NOT fit a 96. The 96 LT1 system (cost about 600) bolts in behind the cats and replaces everything behind them. Flowmaster systems are also not compatible if you decide to change the mufflers later on, because the bends are slightly different, and the pipe size is 2.5 inch, and all the other systems out there are 2.25 or 2.75. So, Flowmasters are the cheapest of the group of cat-backs, but you won't be able to mix and match (but the front of the system is stock size and location, so any header/cat combo that is supposed to fit stock exhaust will fit the flows)

Borla makes a complete system in stainless at 2 1/2 inch.The front Y pipe is 199.00, the cat is 213.00, the rear pipe is 199.00 and the mufflers also in stainless are 499.00. Supposedly it fits 84-90....we will find out shortly if it fits an 85 cause I just ordered it.

Eagle,

Please keep us informed on your new system. I'm really interested to hear some feedback on Borla. I myself couldn't justify spending all that money on the Borla system so I went with FlowMaster. I haven't installed the system yet, but it should get bolted on within 2 weeks!

Trance_LT4 said:
Correct, the flowmasters for pre-LT1 corvettes will NOT fit a 96. The 96 LT1 system (cost about 600) bolts in behind the cats and replaces everything behind them. Flowmaster systems are also not compatible if you decide to change the mufflers later on, because the bends are slightly different, and the pipe size is 2.5 inch, and all the other systems out there are 2.25 or 2.75. So, Flowmasters are the cheapest of the group of cat-backs, but you won't be able to mix and match (but the front of the system is stock size and location, so any header/cat combo that is supposed to fit stock exhaust will fit the flows)

Yep.. trance is correct!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom