Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Flow Master 10

Marv02

Corvette
1986 C-4 Corvette
Anyone using or tryed Flow Master 10 Mufflers on there C4.

I tryed the muffler eliminators love the tone at Idel but anything after that to loud for me sounds good but got old fast.

I have a Magnaflow 2.5 cat back system now an it to quite for me I looking for more Roar but not aas loud a muffler eliminators.

I did some looking around and some time on U tube listening to sound clips I looking at Flowmaster 40"s I like the Delta Series but the Super 40 are half the price.
Now which one to buy.
I can get 2 Supers for under $100.00 or Deltas for $200.00 I cut off my old ones and weld them on my self with my LT 1 tips.
Which one sounds more raspy sounding.

To me the deltas are more raspy. I like my muffler eliminators but my car is mostly stock, I still got cats muffling my noise....some.:happyanim:

I end up Ordering a set of Thrush Welded 2 chambered Mufflers What I found out there a Flowmaster 40 Copy for $31.00 each from Amazon free shipping.
For $62.00 Total I cant go wrong for the price If I dont like them after all.
I just can cut them back off and reweld the Magnaflows back on if there to loud.

Sawzall

I took out the Sawzall and the High speed Air powerd cutting tools out.
Cut off The Magnaflows off the car I forgot what a pain it was to cut though welds Oh What fun it was.
I was going to order a new set of Muffler Tips until I seen the price so I cut off the old Tips and going to reuse them, On my Thrush welded 2 chambered Mufflers (Flowmaster 40"s knock Off for half the Price) when they show up next week.
At least the pain part of getting everthing ready for it well be done so I just have to weld everything back together.

I installed my new Thrush 2 chamber welded mufflers fired the car up this is the sound I been looking for.
Loud and you can hear the crackle and the LT4 Hotcam rumble.
Took for a short cruise Loud at idle what I was looking for when you step on the gas you can hear it roar what I was looking fro it has the same drone the Magnaflows have at 45 MPH a little louder but not much.
When you get up to speed so far it quits down not bad at all.
So far I can say I like them much better than the Flows.
Like they say everyone looking for something else but for now I happy with the set up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom