Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Flywheel and clutch for 1 piece rear main seal

Whiplash

Corvette
71 Kandy Burple Conv / 02 MY Z06
Sorry guys. Seems like question day for me. And yes I do search the forum before I post questions.

I ordered my crate motor. It has a 1 piece rear main seal so I needed to order a new flywheel. I got the 14 inch flywheel. I'm assuming this will fit within the bell housing for the old Muncie. I'm also assuming an 11 inch clutch will fit.

Has anyone done this conversion? What set up did you use? The new motor is 400+ HP and 440 ft lbs of torque (350 motor with 1 piece rear main seal).

Thanks in advance,

Whiplash

Yes I have done the 2 piece rear main seal to a one piece seal when I changed the motor in my vette. I used a 330 hp gm crate engine which has a 1 piece rear main, the bolt patterns are different on the fly wheel, so I had to get a new fly wheel, I belive mine was a 14 inch, which I used my stock clutch and pressure plate with.

I can't find the gm number for the fly wheel, but I used what was recomended in the book for the GM 330 HP with vortec heads. Hope this helps.

Drew

sharkcar71 said:
I used part #10105832 14inch flywheel for mine.The 12.75 is part #14088646

The flywheel showed up yesterday, motor is still in transit. I bought a 14 inch flywheel. What size clutch did you use? 11inch? Does the stock pressure plate really bolt up to the new flywheel?

Thanks

yes I did use a 11 inch cluth and pressure plate, the bolt pattern for the pressure plate is the same for the 2 piece and the one piece. the bolt pattern is differend where the fly wheel attaches to the crank.

thanks

Drew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom