Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fog Lamp Replacement

T

Torchy2000

While sitting in bumper to bumper traffic yesterday (behind a black pick-up) I noticed one of my fog/driving lights was out. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? How hard are they to change out? I looked in my current Eckler's and Mid-America catalogs and couldn't find them.

Torchy

You can get the bulbs from Walmart or an auto parts store. It is not hard to replaced as I did it. You just need to reach down to get at it.

Do I go in thru the engine compartment? from the front (remove what?)?

Torchy - the clueless wonder

Torchy2000 said:
Do I go in thru the engine compartment? from the front (remove what?)?

Torchy - the clueless wonder
I went through the engine compartment. I opened the hood and went in from the openning between the hood and the car. You need to reach down to find it. Once you find it, you can unplug the bulb like the head lights and replace it. Good luck.

lamp replacement

if you have a fat arm the best way is to raise the hood and head lights,remove the black plastic cover from the head light and reach down and turn the bulb holder CCW to remove. also never touch the new bulb with your bare hands because the oil from your skin will etch the bulb glass when it gets hot and cause it to be not as bright aspossible. to get the head lights to stay open turn them on,after they come up turn the switch to parking lights and the head lights will go off but will stay open.

Man, ya'll are truly the goods!!!:beer

I wish I coud find a forum on Sea-Doo/PWC like this. I always get quick, accurate stuff here.

(lamp install complete!)

again, thanks....:w

Access to Bulbs

If you have ramps or a lift it is fairly easy to remove the inside fender cover to get full access the the lamp socket. This way I could see what I was doing and not squeeze my arm too much. :)

The easy way to better light

I concur with the recommendation to get the 885's above (go to any decent auto parts store). For about $7.00 each, you get tremendously better light.

There is also no need to take the car apart. I did mine in the parking lot at the store after I bought the bulbs. Raise the headlights, turn back one notch to keep them up but off, make sure the fogs are off, and raise the hood.

You can see the back of the light -- reach in and it's a quarter turn.

You may also want to think about cranking them up a bit from the factory setting (not so high that you blind opposing traffic, though) -- use a Torx (tm) screwdriver at the side of each lamp from the front.

Hope this helps! :bang

Do what they say!

I just took my 99 to the dealer for an oil change and the steering column recall and made an off hand remark that the fog lamps were not working. (Just bought the car).

Cost to replace the two bulbs and labor $80.00!!!!!. That's more than the original cost of the option.

Guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and come here first when there is another problem!!

C5 Fog Lamp Replacement - Tomorrow

While sitting in bumper to bumper traffic yesterday (behind a black pick-up) I noticed one of my fog/driving lights was out. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? How hard are they to change out? I looked in my current Eckler's and Mid-America catalogs and couldn't find them.

Torchy

Well this evening I had the same expereince! While driving home form work I noticed one of my Fog/driving lights was out. I noticed it in the rear of a black car in front of me! Go Figure!

So tomorrow off to Pep Boys I go! Wish Me Luck! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom