Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FOLLOWUP ANNOUNCEMENT - It's all mine!

J

JJU

I may have mentioned this back a few months ago so here's the follow-up.

There were a few "Negative Nellys" out there but I had three expert people look at it and everything looks good.

1963model1.jpg

... AND THE REAL DEAL....

1963model2.jpg

Christmas came a little early this year. Initial restoration has begun. I don't know how far I will take it but I expect at least 2 years of work.

That's beautiful. Doesn't look like it needs much but I'll buy your used parts from you for my 63. I'm doing a driver restoration and good used parts are hard to find.
Congratulations and Merry Christmas!:) :dance

Blackmoon,

I'm doing a complete "body-off" restoration on my 1963 Z06 - what kind of parts are you looking for? May have what you need.

Hi, thanks for responding. I will need the following:
Restoration frame Kit, any wiring harnesses that are in decent shape, firewall insulation, gromets, body mounts, gas lines, brake lines, heater bypass and bracket (a/c cars), HORNS, battery tray, battery retainer, tee at expansion tank, washer resevoir, steering column seagasket (rubber boot), hood wedges, nice grille, lower grille molding (3 pieces), red door panels, seat covers, armrest covers and bases, console cover, door panel reflectors, glove box door and GAUGES. I'm sure I'll find more as I disassemble the car.

Thanks in advance. I've been trying to buy parts on eBay but some of the items are going for more than new ones.

Sal:s

BLACKMOON,

When are you looking for these parts? I may have some of them now, and some in the future. Will be making a trip to the restorer's garage again this weekend and will see what I can bring back home.

I am not sure if they have already tossed the brake/fuel lines, the wiring harnesses, and other items. Will have to check.

I know I will definitely have the RED door panels for you. They are in good shape and will have all of the chrome with them (i.e., reflectors, hockey sticks, basically everything on the panels except for the window cranks and black door knob)

I also have a set of horns, but they are not 1963 horns. I will have to look at them to get a date for you.

Should also have the grille and the molding around the grille. Good for a driver quality car.

Man that's fantastic. I'll take them when ever I can get them. The grille I have is really nice but for some reason three or four of the mounting tabs don't line up with the holes in the fiberglass. This leads me to believe the grill is from another year. The year of the horns doesn't matter. Just check what you still have and let me know what you want. Don't let the shop throw anything away.

Thanks again it is truly appreciated.
a.salvatore@comcast.net
Sal

BLACK MOON said:
Hey JJU, is that a Ford sitting next to that Corvette?

1967 Shelby 350

The person I'm buying the car from is starting a premium used car sales business. He wants to deal in Shelbys and Corvettes. He's just getting started.

c5vetter said:
Blackmoon,

I'm doing a complete "body-off" restoration on my 1963 Z06 - what kind of parts are you looking for? May have what you need.

I've only taken the first look at the car so there will probably be more that I will need. It's in storage about 25 miles from home. I plan on adding to my garage in the spring and will have better access to look at other things at that time. I have some of the parts off Ebay now.

I need:
jack & jack handle, LH & RH exhaust manifolds, alternator (John Pirkle), master cylinder & cap, fan & fan clutch, radiator & overflow tank (DeWitt's), shocks, bushings, exhaust pipes and mufflers, replace luggage stop (interior)

There's the usual things that have to be repaired (i.e., clock).

....AND a paint job. You can't see it in the picture but there are cracks in the paint from age.

I'm looking for the person here in the area that has restored 3 older Corvettes that I know of to see what he would charge to AT LEAST paint the car. I might consider letting him do the restoration on the entire car if he started up his new business. (He moved recently.) He took a scratch out of my (award winning) 2001 and is a wizard with paint.

Nice car

M & H Electric in Los Angeles have excellent wire harnesses, all with original OEM clips and connectors. Chech their web site at
www.wiringharness.com

EC Products in Atascadero, Ca is making a very nice repo grill that used to made by Chris Wickersham. their phone is 805-466-0259

Also look at www.corvettejunk.com for lots of little parts.

Hope this helps.
Jim

Jack,

I don't know if Tom Toogood still has his shop at Emerald, NE. He did a frame on resto on a 67 I had. He may not even be around anymore, but if he is, Tom is one of the best at restorations.

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom