Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Bid or Buy - Aerobody 87 B2K

*89x2*

For Bid - Aerobody 87 B2K

Saw this off e bay - it is listed twice though...

"Vehicle Description

This is a steal at price listed !! Relocating from New York and must sell . Car has been seen by Calloway since build date says its worth much more than required price. Car is equipped with Aeropackage, Dynamags and all to make a complete Callaway driving package. Car is Sleek, Fast, Fun and Furiuos. This sexy one of a kind car is sure to make any corvette lovers head turn. This car sure to complete any car collectors dream !! Checkout www.callawaycars.com for all about this magnificent automobile. Car has been garaged for most part of its 16 years, as low miles (28,642) are indicated. Smooth running 350 with 375 HP and the Doug Nash 4+3 Transmission make driving this a dream. "

..."Mint" condition - yes, it is (mint ;) )

"Body and Interior in mint condition and never been in an accident as you can see by Pics"

i-1_B_L.JPG

i-6_B.JPG

Did those wheels turn green from non-use? Man, if that's the case, I'm going to start driving my Quasar Blue before the wheels turn the same color.......

Mint......

Sorry, just not my taste....

HoldHard

That looks like turquoise from 1990 and 1991 factory cars. I assume he did the aerobody during those years and updated the color then. I wonder what the stock color was? That color is one of my favorites.... too bad it was discontinued because of problems with the longevity of the paint:(

Ok... I spoke too soon. the green wheels put the car over the edge on good looks.... I would prefer the standard silver dymags

A quick question for all the Callaway fans here.....

How much value, if any, is lost by having the Callaway a different color than the car was in stock form?

Vettelt193 said:
A quick question for all the Callaway fans here.....

How much value, if any, is lost by having the Callaway a different color than the car was in stock form?

I doubt that very much $$ would be lost, if any provided that the entire color was changed for all panels - ALL the SPeedsters started out as a different color than they are now - in fact, the last one (Green) was originally the 91 Turq. met. :D

I hope this guy gets rid of one of the auctions... There is no way I will bid with two going at the same time..... the only problem after that is talking the fiance' into another manual tranny coupe

Personally I am quite fond of that color :)
luigi5small.jpg

However, I do not care for the painted Dymag wheels or the NACA ducts in conjunction with that color.

I haven't had any problems with the paint (other than typical chips on the aerobody nose). Then again, it doesn't sit out in the sun/rain/dew very often.

Luigi
:cool

TurboLuigi said:
Personally I am quite fond of that color :)
luigi5small.jpg

However, I do not care for the painted Dymag wheels or the NACA ducts in conjunction with that color.

I haven't had any problems with the paint (other than typical chips on the aerobody nose). Then again, it doesn't sit out in the sun/rain/dew very often.

Luigi
:cool

I am guessing Callaway does a better job painting than GM did originally... If GM put an extra layer or two of clear coat on those cars, there wouldn't have been a problem with the paint.

Your car is one of my favorite Corvettes... the color, convertible.... it just doesn't seem to get any better:)

Wow Luigi's car

and that green thing look like they're in different leagues. Anyone else think that? Good job the ad doesn't say that the engine's mint!

P.S. I can always tell if a car's been in an accident by a couple of pictures.

Maybe I'm being a bit mean here, maybe it just needs some better pictures?

Wow I went back and looked at the rest of the pics.....that car looks pretty rough. Look at the DIC....looks like someone cut a square out of it with an exacto knife.
i-2_B_L.JPG

Here is a copy of an ad for the car - it IS for sale besides e bay ...

"Make: Chevrolet

Model: Corvette

Year: 1987

Mileage: 28,000

Body Type: Coupe

Engine: 350

Horsepower: 405

Transmission: 4+3

Exterior Color: teal/grey

Interior Color: teal/grey

VIN#:
Accessories

Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Stereo, Cruise Control, Leather Interior, Power Brakes, Power Locks, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Removable Hardtop, Removable Roof Panel, Standard Trans, Tilt /Telescopic
Description

Made to look like #1 Magnesium wheels,twin turbo, Callaway says worth 50 to 60. Giveaway at 30,000.Relocating must sell.
Price

Asking price: $30000
Telephone Number: 516-333-0526 "

Hope this helps - I know this car is drawing interest from the thread :m

The turquoise 87 Aerobody car is apparently still for sale. Has anyone from the CAC actually looked at this car to see what its overall condition and driveability are like? Those Dymags are begging for a re-finish job, though. Does anyone know what color the interior leather is. One of the pictures shows that it has silver carpet, but I didn't see anything on the seat color.

Ad details:

Mileage: 28,000
Asking price: $30000
Terms: You Pay Shipping
For Sale By: Private Party
Contact Information
Name: Hal Conklin
City: East Meadow
State/Province: New York
Zip/Postal Code: 11554
Telephone Number: 516-333-0526

If the aerobody was really done nicely, then this might not be too bad a deal...
attachment.php

mangusta1969 said:
The turquoise 87 Aerobody car is apparently still for sale. Does anyone know what color the interior leather is. One of the pictures shows that it has silver carpet, but I didn't see anything on the seat color.

Steve - that car looks decent - I am certain by the other pics, a little TLC would do wonders for the car :)

Interior is graphite (gray) Although I have not seen it in person, a few of the CAC guys are in NY and might know of this car in detail (????)

I think silver DY's would look better - just my thoughts though...

It didn't meet reserve on e-bay , went to about 15 or 16k and stalled at bidding :(

Hope this helps :m

Gray/Teal Aero TT

Chris,

Thanks for the quick info. I saw your previous post with the interior color just after hitting the send button before. It sure would be a better color combo car with silver Dymag wheels and a black interior!

Weren't there two colors of gray back in 87 -- a light gray (really metallic silver) and a darker gray? Does anyone know if that is true for 87? I am pretty positive that there were two different colors like this in 86.

I guess it is not too hard or expensive ($600-1,000) to convert the leather seats to black, but there would still be a large amount of silver/gray carpet and other trim to convert, too.

I passed on a white aero TT a while back at $25K. I just could not handle the Pleasure House Red that was all over its interior. I was thinking about converting that interior color to black, too, but could not justify the extra costs and the amount of time that I didn't (and still don't) have to perform the conversion.

Re: Gray/Teal Aero TT

mangusta1969 said:

I passed on a white aero TT a while back at $25K. I just could not handle the Pleasure House Red that was all over its interior. I was thinking about converting that interior color to black, too, but could not justify the extra costs and the amount of time that I didn't (and still don't) have to perform the conversion.

Its a good thing you passed on that car....it had been totalled and rebuilt. :eek I almost bought it myself til I ran Carfax on it.

Re: Gray/Teal Aero TT

mangusta1969 said:
Chris,

Thanks for the quick info.
Weren't there two colors of gray back in 87 -- a light gray (really metallic silver) and a darker gray? Does anyone know if that is true for 87? I am pretty positive that there were two different colors like this in 86.

Steve - today, I am going down into my Corvette Archives vault and will look for my old 1987 dealer catalog - it has leather swatches and color chips - if I can find it, I will let you know...
My memory is saying that there was a light silver & a dark graphite avail. in either cloth or leather - will confirm :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom