Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FOR BILL 75

Can I help, Joe? I'll include your photo in my post...

:w Jane Ann

100_0103.jpg

Hi Joe,

And thanks for the help Jane Ann!!

Yes that's almost exactly what mine looks like in the tunnel, it's pretty close to that nut/bolt on the side just like yours. When I bolted the tailshaft in place I was looking for a reason as to why it was so far shifted and couldn't find one up front. The bolt holes lined up dead nuts in the crossmember. But maybe it's at a slight angle and you can't see it up front, it gets more pronounced the further back you go.
The differential must me offset as well.

Looks like a brand new shiny driveshaft, did that help??
I haven't driven mine yet so I can't report on any change, my radiator was seeping a little so I removed it and decided that since I had that out I'd see about swapping camshafts, then that lead to "geez, why not get some better heads?" If I don't stop myself, I'll never be driving this thing!

Bill

Computers make me crazy I can barely surf the net without wiping out anyways thanks for the help posting the pic.The shaft is old, paint and U's are new one new halfshaft all new joints at first no vibes then they came back so it has to be alignment

Glad I could help!

For future reference, it's easy to include photos from Photobucket into your post... just follow Steps 7, 8 and 9 in this thread, using the web address (URL) of your Photobucket image.

:w Jane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom