Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Remo: Drove the Vette this weekend

Gorgon

Corvette
None
I know many of you remember me as a Florida boy, but now that I'm in the NE again I have to choose when I can and can't drive the car.

Saturday morning was beautiful! Took a cab over to the parking garage and got my car. When she came down the ramp I realized how crappy she looked from all the salt and dirt on the drive up. Saturday was the day to get the car titled in PA and registered and then washed. What started out as mid-50s in temperature quickly turned to 30's by 2:00. Once I got the title/registration taken care of I searched for a car wash. I found one that would do a hand wash but it was already 30 degrees and they had no desire to wash a car with the temp that low. So I sent the car through the car wash. :eek:hnoes I was unsure about it but they assured me that it would be fine and they had another C5 there that they had already sent through the auto wash. Took a chance and it looked great. :)

Now back to the parking garage. I had intended to get pictures with the salt spray all over it for Remo to enjoy but I didn't think of it until after the car had been cleaned and dried. I needed something to post in Remo's "Corvettes in the Snow" thread. :D Oh well, maybe next time. :)

Leon

I am just heading out in my Corvette, as well. It is about 60 degrees out, and sunny. Too bad the top does not come off, but I will just have to suffer with the windows wide open and the Bob Segar at full blast! :chuckle

I just got back. What a glorious day for a drive. While I did not quite get to a three digit speed, I did get on it a couple of times to shake out the cobwebs. What a blast!

I'm with you. Last week was a great up here to, so I went out to the
garage to console myself. Took the cover off, said "well.... I shouldn't",
put it back on and went out the door. Then just could not help myself,
said "I'll just start it, it is such a nice day." :chuckle

Well after all the work of cover off, really looked nice, sounded great, and
my withdrawal pain, headed out the door and down the road. :bu

The drive was short but really nice, a chance well taken. Now I think I can make it till spring. :naughty:

By the way Leon, I am looking foward to Florida, why did you come
back???

I'm with you. Last week was a great up here to, so I went out to the
garage to console myself. Took the cover off, said "well.... I shouldn't",
put it back on and went out the door. Then just could not help myself,
said "I'll just start it, it is such a nice day." :chuckle

Well after all the work of cover off, really looked nice, sounded great, and
my withdrawal pain, headed out the door and down the road. :bu

The drive was short but really nice, a chance well taken. Now I think I can make it till spring. :naughty:

By the way Leon, I am looking foward to Florida, why did you come
back???
What you went without me !My car called my son to let him know he'd better get that Harley outa the way pretty soon.Next week will be up into the low 30's
:) Can't believe you didn't call me

What you went without me !My car called my son to let him know he'd better get that Harley outa the way pretty soon.Next week will be up into the low 30's
:) Can't believe you didn't call me

When she said, " It's such a nice day, can't we go out & play", I just
could not resist. Now you know how I hate to give in to temptation,
let alone call you and tell you I did. :L

It is such a nice morning here, - 8 degrees, clear, no wind, and dry roads,
those twin vapor trails would look awesome in the rear view mirror. :D

It is such a nice morning here, - 8 degrees, clear, no wind, and dry roads,
those twin vapor trails would look awful in the rear view mirror. :D

I need to move north! It's 4 degrees this morning, but there is still a lot of salt & sand on the roads.

:w
Guy

I need to move north! It's 4 degrees this morning, but there is still a lot of salt & sand on the roads.

:w
Guy

Guy

Just to warm down your way, got to have those cool, crisp mornings for
the dry roads without the sand and salt residue. :L

I had intended to get pictures with the salt spray all over it for Remo to enjoy but I didn't think of it until after the car had been cleaned and dried. I needed something to post in Remo's "Corvettes in the Snow" thread. :D Oh well, maybe next time. :)

Leon

Leon,

Actually I'm sort of glad you didn't post any pictures. You know how disturbed I get when I see Corvettes covered with salt. On the other hand both you and many other CAC members know how "disturbed" I am generally.:W

Well I'm glad it's back in the parking garage. Hey any plans to make it down to Carlisle this year? It would be great to get you together with Carlisle CAC gang.

Remo:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom