Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[For Sale] 1990 ZR-1

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
SELLER=George Hebbel
PHONE=806-654-3044
EMAIL=info@boost-performance.com
State=TX
YEAR=90
COLOR OUTSIDE=RED
COLOR INSIDE=RED
MILEAGE=123

DESCRIPTION/OPTIONS= 90 ZR1 #408 with only 123 MILES!! This car has spent its life in a climate controlled building and is amazing! still has plastic on the seats and has been maintained properly while in storage. too many vehicles is forcing me to sell this car.Call my # anytime and leave a message.Make me an offer. I am centrally located in N-Texas. pictures can be seen at
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=118710

PRICE=$36,000

The price does seem good, but I think if someone bought it to drive, they would have troubles because of the lack of use...

Another note, it has gotta kill the owner to have spent 60 grand on it new, never drive it or have fun with it, then sell it for 36 (or less) thousand:(

Back in 90 when this car was new. typically dealers were asking for and getting 5000 to 10,000 dollars mark-up. A few early ones were sold for $100,000.

I'd love to have that ZR-1 but I'd ball my eyes out after it flipped 200 miles:)

Jay

:cryWhy couldn't he wait just a couple years, why, why, why!:cry

Okay, I'm done whining. Now, what could someone expect to have ahead of them to make this thing road worthy considering a 12+ year storage?

Rob, your's was really low miles when you bought it, what precautions did you take?
JT ZR-Won said:
I'd love to have that ZR-1 but I'd ball my eyes out after it flipped 200 miles:)
Jay
Not me Jay, I wouldn't even notice. I'd be too busy watching the tach and speedo and the trees blurring past.:D

Eric,

The only precautions I took were changing the oil and filter and babying it the first 1,000 miles....more or less.

Up to 500 miles, I kept the RPMs down below a certain limit...used full power mode carefully. Between 500 to 1000 miles I gradually utilized higher RPMs. I believe I raised the bar a little higher up to 1,500 miles.

That was basically it. Mine came with 179 miles on it. Sticker price for mine was $81,067.00 Canadian. There were 1990 ZR-1s that were advertised for sale back in 1990 for up to $110,000 U.S.

Personally, if I had the money, and further investigation led me to believe that the car was truly taken proper care of during storage and the rubber components in and around the engine and chassis were not dried out, I wouldn't think twice about picking this one up. How cool would it be to have 2 red 1990 ZR-1s in the garage!! :D

Originally posted by Rob
[For Sale] 1990 ZR-1

Phew, dont do that Rob.:D When I saw that, and that it was you that had started the thread Rob, I thought that Z06 had gotten under your skin more than you wanted to admit and your current ride was going away to make room.:L

Guess I should have known better.:)

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom