Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

for sale -vs- part out car

man i'd hate to see another fellow C4 owner sell out because of frustration. i know alot of guys that do alot of mods and get frustrated cause the car doesn't run upto expectation. some of it is lack of knowledge and the other part is time. one of my dear friends on this forum is in the same boat as you and i'm sure he's been having more problems than you will ever have. his cars been down for almost 3 years and he's still working out the bugs on the new setup.

RichR has been pulling his hair out due to little problems he has been having but thankfully he is sticking it out and almost has the car back to where it should be.

hang in there bud you'll pin point it down. i'd check the MAF, IAC, MAF relays (cheap fix just replace for 7 bucks each only need 2 relays) check all vacuum lines and put a vacuum gauge and see what psi it's pulling. i am willing to bet it's something minute and easily overlooked. also check your timing just to make sure. check wires to the plugs. 1 crossed wire will do the same thing although it sounds right. how old are your injectors? try some injection cleaner and run the dog **** out of it. alot of times when these and any other car is babied too much they just get tempremental and need to be driven hard and put away wet to air out the problems.

Mic, unit of measurement for vacuum is inches. You probably knew that, just a slip of the keyboard:)

I might be in that same boat if I cannot get my car running right. What a PITA.

vetteboy86 said:
Mic, unit of measurement for vacuum is inches. You probably knew that, just a slip of the keyboard:)

I might be in that same boat if I cannot get my car running right. What a PITA.

brain fart i'm getting old :L

Mad-Mic said:
how old are your injectors? try some injection cleaner and run the dog **** out of it. alot of times when these and any other car is babied too much they just get tempremental and need to be driven hard and put away wet to air out the problems.

Good advice mic. I just put in the cleaner and drove it hard to my gf's house 130 miles away for its winter nap.

I'm thinkin' it'll be running just fine come spring. (if she's good to it :) )

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom