Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For those with Twin Turbos

Corvette
(2) Callaway's (2) ZR1 (1) supercharged 35th
I received this email tonight from Evergreen Turbo :

Hi Sam
Sorry this took so long. But I want to make sure I find someone very qualified to machine these bearings. I should have an answer in the next couple of weeks. I need some help here. Can you see what interest you can generate in a group purchase of these bearings. This will bring the price down more if we can make 50 to 100 bearings.If the callaway guys buy them and hold on to them for future rebuilds they hold the key to getting this done. I have all the rest of the parts to rebuild these chargers. Also when they have damaged compressor wheels, the option is to machine the compressor housings out for larger flowing comrpessor setup which I have already done also. The turbine wheel journals can be turned down .010 under if damaged, as long as the blades are not damaged. Seal area's can be machined for oversize seals also. So the turbine wheels alot of times are repairable. The bearing housings can also be machined in the seal area's if damaged and completely replaced if damaged to far for .010 seals. On the .010 bearings I plan on purchasing a small quanity of these to keep in stock for more severly damaged shaft journals. Also these bearings are aluminum and will be looking at using a better grade that is more durable than the OEM bearing.
Let me know
Thanks
Charlie

Those that want to get involved in this let me know, or contact Charlie at Evergreen Turbo.
!-800-275-2531
evergreenturbo@aol.com

Since I'm new to this, what kind of money are we talking about roughly? I might want to have a set on-hand, but right now that would depend largely on the price.

Sam,

are these bearings for the T04B turbos ?
can you ask Charlie if he knows the 104295 and 104395 models from roto-master.
When he does magic on them models too , I can forward a lot of people from the older C1 project Turbokits.

later IHI RHB 5 and 6 models were used by Callaway but these can get rebuild sets easily

I have talked to someone else who was quoted somewhere around $9/set on a bulk order.

Im excited to see where we end up....now we just need a turbine housing source.

I have talked to someone else who was quoted somewhere around $9/set on a bulk order.

Im excited to see where we end up....now we just need a turbine housing source.

If that's the ballpark we're in, I'm in for a couple of sets.

Hi Guys, I have not gotten a price from Charlie yet, but he did send me another email this weekend that he wanted me to share with you guys. I also called him earlier today, and left him a message to call me. I hope to hear from him tomorrow, as we all want to know price.

The following is the email he wanted me to share with you guys :

I hope you could forward this. The RM26's use one bearing per turbo/I will get a firm price on the cost of a set of bearings to do both chargers. I am doing this so that everyone owning a callaway twin w/RM26's will have the bearings in there possesion when time comes to rebuild the chargers. All other rebuild parts I have in stock. As mentioned if there is compressor wheel damage ie injested something or rubbed/the compressor covers can be machined for higher flowing bigger compressor wheels as I mentioned have done for a couple of the twins already.
Also we can rebuild any Roto-Master T4 out there. We can machine bearing housing seal area's/line hone bearing housings/straighten/polish/turn down undersize journal dia/open seal area's oversize on the turbine wheels/repair the seal area's of the bearing housings also. I even had one charger the threads got destroyed on the water fitting and repaired threads to OEM.
If anyone has questions please call anytime. I do appoligize about today as I spent alot of time at the doctor and missed alot of calls w/no messages/Hopefully not the twin turbo guys out there.
As a note, I have been in the turbo business 19 years, more to the point my father worked at Roto-Master from the beginning and wrote the RM manuals 1/2/3. I went thru RM when I was in high school. 73' seems like yesterday.
Again I will get back to the forum when I get a specific price/material upgrade we will use. And I may offer the first set discounted to tech spec the units.
Talk to you soon
Charlie Brown

Got an email from Charlie this afternoon, and the gist of the price issue is really dependant on how many bearings will have to be produced, the more, the better the price will be. Charlie claims that he also wants to use better quality materials than that which was used by the factory, he also wants to produce a few that will be machined .010 for shaft that need to be turned down, as this may become an issue for some.

Got an email from Charlie this afternoon, and the gist of the price issue is really dependant on how many bearings will have to be produced, the more, the better the price will be. Charlie claims that he also wants to use better quality materials than that which was used by the factory, he also wants to produce a few that will be machined .010 for shaft that need to be turned down, as this may become an issue for some.

I for one would really appreciate a ball park price. Surf mentioned around $9 a set, which would make this a no-brainer for me. But since I've never had to have a turbo rebuilt before, I don't know if the bearings are $9 or $900 or even how many 'sets' are required per turbo. Sorry, but I just have no experience in this area.

Can we maybe just pick an arbitrary number (say 50 sets) and find out what the price would be? That way we have a ball park, and know that the price could fluctuate up or down based on total quantity.

Sam I think we should get price points for the quantities of 50, 75, 100 bearings and see where we are. Since Im currently b2k-less I can't justify spending more than $100 to have a few sets on hand for future need.

Sam I think we should get price points for the quantities of 50, 75, 100 bearings and see where we are. Since Im currently b2k-less I can't justify spending more than $100 to have a few sets on hand for future need.

I agree 100%, and I will ask again, but I'm guessing that he wants to get an idea of how many of us would be interested.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom