Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

forced air intake housing

ZR1 MK

Corvette
ZR1 CORVETTE
Does anyone have information on the forced air intake housing that Corvette Central and Eklers used to sell? The type that supplies air from the bottom of the upper radiator support. Im interested in a source. Maybe someone is selling one.
Note: Im not referring to the AO Engineering kit that goes through the front plate.

ZR1 MK said:
Does anyone have information on the forced air intake housing that Corvette Central and Eklers used to sell? The type that supplies air from the bottom of the upper radiator support. Im interested in a source. Maybe someone is selling one.
Note: Im not referring to the AO Engineering kit that goes through the front plate.

Mike,

Talk to Mike Yager Jr. at MidAmerica and see if he can hook you up?

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225

Thanks for the tip, I will.

Mike-

I'm interested in that unit also, what have you come up with?? :D

tpis.com and zipcorvette.com both carry an air dam feed intake. Both are different types. See their webpage for details. I am planning on a custom fabricated unit, but havent finalized the details yet. It not a priority because I have the throttle body coolant deliminated and I will have icing issues in cold weather.

I apologize if I'm speaking in error. I don't know if the ZR-1 used the same air filter housing as the regular Corvette. But SLP made a unit that sounds like what you are describing, and it did used to be sold by places like Ecklers and such.

But is this what you mean?
21050-1.jpg

It uses the stock lower filter housing and replaces the top of the housing with a piece that runs down the upper radiator shroud (you have to cut a hole) and down in front of the radiator.

The throttle body to intake housing hose is different. The LT5 engine hose is larger and oval in shape.

yes but the aircleaners are the same as the ZR1

well then I wonder if that would work on a ZR-1? This only changes the upper half of the airbox, which is not the part that connects to the throttle body. :confused

The intake consists of the housing, lid, filter, hose.
The housing is different.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom