Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fortier prototype 1970-1972 exhaust tips

ss396t6

Corvette
1970 Corvette LS-5 convertible, green/green/black
Fortier prototype 1970-1972 exhaust tips
Richard Fortier (formerly of Paragon Corvette parts) has been diligently working on fabricating sets of 1st Design and 2nd Design exhaust tips for 1970-1972 Corvettes. Below is a comment from him regarding production updates and photos of the prototype. Richard welcomes your input and is taking orders. Contact: richfortier@chartermi.net

My first production run will be about 16 pair, of those I’m making 3 pair of the 2nd design 71-72 tips. I think 2 pair of these is pre sold. Prepaid orders for the 1st design tips total about 7 pair. I will have several sets in inventory ready to go after all orders are filled. If sales go well and all tips are taken then I intend to fabricate them again providing I can obtain the tubing again.

Fortierprototyperear.jpg

Fortierprototypespoutbottom.jpg

Fortierprototypetop.jpg

70 - 72 exhaust tips Gen 1 and 2

I thought that both the first and second generation of these had the part numbers stamped in the bottom? I know the second gen did as I have several original ones needed replating. Depending on pricing and if the part numbers are on gen 2, I might be interested. Nice work from the pictures. Now if we could just get a set of correct exhaust pipes that are flattened and with wrinkles in the bends for the big block cars. ;shrug

Keep the going!

72 LS-5 (20 years of ownership) :thumb

01 Z06 to drive daily

Life is good

Original 1st and 2nd Design tips had no part numbers stamped on them nor a W. If one were to want to buy a post production set GM issued them without part numbers and did not have welds on the rears ( I have a restored set of these). After those ran out of stock Walker (W) issued them through GM with part numbers and a W stamped on them. Any exhaust tips issued after the original ones are considered service replacments. Or reproductions like the stainless steel ones we see today.
You might suggest that to Richard about fabricating exhaust pipes. I think mine are original but the mufflers are not.
Cost of Richard's tips? He mentioned somewhere in the $400 range. Think about it. How much are nice, original 2nd Design pairs going for on eBay? When was the last time you even saw a single 1st Design tip for sale anywhere?
That's why I have a set of 1st Design tips reserved for my early built '70 Corvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom