Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Four post auto lifts

LlanoBill

Corvette
2009 ZO6
Does anyone have a recommendation for a four-post lift so as to increase garage space? My wife will only give me ½ of the two-car garage and I have been looking at the options. Any good or bad experiences? Thanks.

:confused

Was looking for one too. Do a Google for Direct-Lift Pro Park 7. Cost about $1900. Let me know what you think. They have a distributer in Las Vegas.

Here is where I bought mine
http://www.americanautomotiveequipment.com/pages/535318/index.htm
I am not sure what or how you plan on using it but I got all the extras
drip pans so the car on top don't drip on the bottom car
winterstorage004.jpg

and with the jack tray you are able to raise the car on the lift and pull the wheels to do brake jobs ect.
onliftwheelsoff001.jpg

I like the part I can stand under my car now to change oil (I am 6foot tall) as you can see in this picture I modded my rafters to gain another 8 inches of clearance (my total clearance with mod to rafters is now 10ft 1in)
Garagerafters009.jpg

1sttimeonthecarlift002.jpg

I also got the aluminum ramps and rollers/casters
I am suppose to be able to move my lift around (but I have not needed to yet so not sure just how they work?)

CharlesBrown said:
Was looking for one too. Do a Google for Direct-Lift Pro Park 7. Cost about $1900. Let me know what you think. They have a distributer in Las Vegas.
That's the one I have, perfectly adequate for my needs. The Backyard Buddy/Bendpac owners will probably criticize it, tho. I did add the 2 struts at each post for my own piece of mind. Got it through Greg Smith equipment out of Indianapolis, $165 freight (couple years ago) to Chicago.
lift.jpg
If it looks small it's just the way I had the Vette on it, was working on the mufflers.

Backyard Buddy Owner

I will try not to criticize, but you need to look at the locking mechanisms that keep up to 3 tons from coming down on top of you and decide how much your life is worth.

grumpyvette said:
He asked for my visa debit card

Oh no!!! Did you really use a debit card? Ouch! Please don't take this wrong, but that is very, very risky. Anyone who has that card number can have direct, unfettered access to your checking account. Internet, or non-local use of a debit card is not a good idea at all. Credit cards are a must and provide much better protection for you.

Grizzly said:
I will try not to criticize, but you need to look at the locking mechanisms that keep up to 3 tons from coming down on top of you and decide how much your life is worth.
The locking mechanism is comparable to many other lifts I've seen over the years. And the 4 cables at the posts will provide support also. They stay somewhat tight til you raise it a little, release the locks and then let it down. Only got the 7000lb. unit cause all I plan on putting on it are the Vettes at under 4000lbs. Put the wife's Malibu on it too. Wouldn't even consider putting my work van on it. I think the bigger concern is maybe having it fall over which is why I added the struts at the posts. Mike

Thanks to all for your input. Looking primarily to store the least used car, the conv.

LlanoBill said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a four-post lift so as to increase garage space? My wife will only give me ½ of the two-car garage and I have been looking at the options. Any good or bad experiences? Thanks.

:confused
One option would be to get a different wife. :D

Black Bart said:
One option would be to get a different wife. :D

Talk about expensive!! Been there, done that. Besides, other than the garage I really like her.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom