Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

frame interchangability

M

moxy

I need a quick answer on this one, does anyone know what frames are interchangable, I have a 68 4 speed BB and need a frame, found 71 RAG TOP FRAME AND A 73 COUPE FRAME, does anyone know for sure if they are compatable, and if not what the differences are.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

B

Big Fish

Vette Products of Michigan lists different part numbers for those years. A thread a couple weeks ago said nothing will interchange with that 68 frame, it was a one year only frame. The 71 frame and the 73 frame would interchange providing they are both auto or manual transmission (auto trans frame is different than manual trans frame) :)

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
There are several differences. I know you can make it work, but you will have to upgrade to a 69-up core support, and or make significant changes to the frame.

What I would suggest is pulling the 68 frame and the replacment frame, then setting them side by side. With a good tape measure, saw, cut off wheel, and welder you can interchange what you need so that the 71 frame will go under the 68 as a perfect fit with less rust.

M

moxy

frames

thanks for the info, I have a chance to buy a couple of frames, mine is done, I assume the rails are the same, just brackets and mounts that differ, i heard the front end ounting need to be modified to accept the 68 front clip etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom