Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

frayed wires in engine compartment

LanceB

Corvette
My electric issues have got me inspecting the car all over. One thing I noticed is wires that don't attach to anything, and also wires/connections that don't look in the best of shape. There appear to be wire connections on each side of the engine (sensors?) and the wires going into the connectors look like they need some TLC. Before I start tearing into things I am trying to figure out exactly what these parts are and what they do. I have a Chiltons manual (it hasn't been much help but is good for some things), and I think some type of assembly manual would suit me better. I have heard of AIM (not not sure where to get it), does anyone have a different manual or required reading they would recommend? Maybe talk the wife into an early Christmas gift:D

My electric issues have got me inspecting the car all over. One thing I noticed is wires that don't attach to anything, and also wires/connections that don't look in the best of shape. There appear to be wire connections on each side of the engine (sensors?) and the wires going into the connectors look like they need some TLC. Before I start tearing into things I am trying to figure out exactly what these parts are and what they do. I have a Chiltons manual (it hasn't been much help but is good for some things), and I think some type of assembly manual would suit me better. I have heard of AIM (not not sure where to get it), does anyone have a different manual or required reading they would recommend? Maybe talk the wife into an early Christmas gift:D
But the AIM and the Helms GM shop manual. All the Vendors have them. Use the Chilton's to start your next fire in the fireplace.;)

Look at fleabay, I think Ecklers' and most of the vendors have the AIM. Probably find the GM (Helm) shop manuals too. And Bird's is correct. Use the Haynes and Chiltons to start your next campfire..

The 81 assembly instruction manual will help. All the vendors carry them. Pick your favorite Corvette aftermarket provider and order one.

Remember: some of the useless appearing wiring connectors could be for options not installed on your car.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom