Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Free door spring for 68-82

bluecoupe

Corvette
former C3&C5- future C7 when jr's college is paid
I have a 68-82 door spring. (Looks like the letter "S"). I used to have a C3 but never used this part. It is made by Street Specialty Products. Part number DOOR SPRING 1-K1002. It has to be at least 15 years old but looks perfect and it is in the original package. I will mail it to USA 48 states only.

I have a C5 now and don't need it. It is free includes shipping. All I ask is that if you are not a supporting member of CAC that you become one. I'll send you the part first to show I'm on the level. If you are already a Supporting Member of CAC (good for you) then consider it a rebate or bonus.

Frank (bluecoupe)

ITEM NO LONGER AVAILIBLE. (Given to JACK)

Wow, that's real nice of you. Well, I don't THINK I need one. Is this what keeps the door in place when it is open-as in, not closing on my leg? Makes me want to go home and check my doors...

I don't think I need one. I will check. If anyone else jumps in-feel free to pass it to them. THANK YOU for the offer. I'll be home in 2 hours and running into the garage. :)
Rick

RodsnRides said:
Wow, that's real nice of you. Well, I don't THINK I need one. Is this what keeps the door in place when it is open-as in, not closing on my leg? Makes me want to go home and check my doors...

I don't think I need one. I will check. If anyone else jumps in-feel free to pass it to them. THANK YOU for the offer. I'll be home in 2 hours and running into the garage. :)
Rick

ok, let me know. Yes, it is the spring that keeps the door open.

If neither of these work out let me know, my passenger side is missing it and my Fiancé really hates it when the door slams on her when she climbs in and out. I'd even be willing to pay shipping (using my fedex account). This is really nice of you BlueCoupe.

~Ripp

Jack said:
Well ... if Rick/RodsnRides doesn't need one ... I'd like to get on board.
JACK:gap

I sent you an email.
Frank

support proffered

bluecoupe said:
I sent you an email.
Frank
Frank:
Supporting member ... something I should've done a LONG time a go ... thanks for prompting me and for the offer. I've emailed you back.

Jack said:
Frank:
Supporting member ... something I should've done a LONG time a go ... thanks for prompting me and for the offer. I've emailed you back.

Jack,
I'll mail it out to you on Monday.
This forum (and its members) has been very good to me. This is my small way to give something back.
Enjoy
Frank (bluecoupe)

Sorry about the delay, guys. Jack-enjoy-I don't need it. And thanks for the offer Bluecoupe. See you at the Cruisefest in June?

Rick

:w

RodsnRides said:
Sorry about the delay, guys. Jack-enjoy-I don't need it. And thanks for the offer Bluecoupe. See you at the Cruisefest in June?

Rick

:w

I can't make the Cruisefest this year but I am trying to make it to Carlisle in August. I hope I will meet up with some of the CAC members there.

Frank

Frank/bluecoupe:

Am in receipt of finest damn doorspring this side of mississippi ... thank you sir!

Jack said:
Frank/bluecoupe:

Am in receipt of finest damn doorspring this side of mississippi ... thank you sir!

Let us know how you make out with the replacement!

I have two of these sitting in my garage, because I have yet to figure out how to replace them!! I've seen direction on how to do it, and I have to special tool for it, but I couldn't do anything but scratch up the inside of my door.

new door spring

I also have a couple of those springs waiting for me to put them on.Also have the directions.I've heard the horror stories about how hard they are to install,and how it's so easy to sratch up the door,that I'm thinking about letting a body shop handle it.Probably wouldn't cost much.

Jack said:
Frank/bluecoupe:

You are welcome! Be careful putting it on. From the posts I'm reading here I'm guessing it is a tricky job.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom