Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Free mods?

XS650

Corvette
96 LT-4 6-spd Convertible
I expect to get a C4 in the next couple of months. Is there someplace I can find out what the free mods are and see some discussion of how effective they are? I've looked around the forums but probably just didn't see them. Please point me in the right direction.

Throttle Body By-pass is free.
Nearly anyway -
and usually the first mod many people do on a C4.

Pick up two small caps at the local Auto store.
Disconnect the coolant line (#1)that runs from the radiator into the TB. Then totally remove the exit line(#2) that runs out the other side of the TB.
Cap both sides of the TB.

Now simply connect the coolant line (#1) to where #2 went in on the passenger side of the fuel rails.

By-passing the Throttle body. Now you should have a coolant line going straight from the radiator and along the pass. side fuel rail.

Do a forum search for Throttle Body Bypass.
AM sure you will find better descriptions and pics.

Good luck
Rain
ps. another mod lots of folks overlook is properly inflated tires! :)

TB Bypass

I did this by removing the exit line on the passenger side and hooking up the inlet line to the line on the passenger side. Now it seems that my temp runs a little higher. Is it possible I have air in the system? If so, How can I purge it?

Wamp,

when cold take your radiator cap off then start the car and let it get hot. you'll see the air bubbles come to the top. fill radiator all the way full after the T-Stat opens up. wait a few mins again then close while running.

Mad-Mic

Mad-Mic

I dont have the radiator cap on the radiator, I have a fill jug up by the passenger side firewall, heard rumor somwhere that the water pump has a bleed valve or something to that effect.

Sooooooooooo it has been awhile. Did you buy your vette?
Please let me know.
thanks
tony

Throttle Body Bypass

Might not be the brightest question, but, are there any negatives with bypassing the throttle body? Thanks.

Aaron

Cool,

Thanks MM.

I'm just getting my car (actually having it delivered- coming on a barge from Seattle) but your numbers seem like a pretty good bench mark to shoot for with an 87 C4.

Aaron

cool! you'll enjoy it! i do :)

you should be able to hit mid 13's pretty easy. it takes alot of tuning. learning how to launch the car and what shift points work for you. i shift anywhere from 5100 -5300 rpm.

Right on!

I'll keep ya posted on numbers and how she drives.

I'm kind of bummed I'll have to wait until April/May when the temerpature in Alaska finally warms to get a true impression of the car, but that will give me plenty of time to tune up . . . I'm thankfull to have you and other members at the CAC to bounce stuff off of. Later.

Aaron

Throttle Body by pass
Fan over ride switch (Almost free, 3 bucks)
Cut Air filter lid.
Clean the plugs (even if the previous owner says they are new)
Measure the TPS voltage and make sure its 5 volts at WOT

For less than 20 bucks, 160 therm.

With those mods, my 3.07 geared auto runs a 13.4 to 13.5 on an 80 degree day, ASR on. I just punch it.

Since i wasted $900 on a Corsa exhaust I have had a best of 13.3

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom