Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...from the "what if" files ~

*89x2*

http://www.fornasaricars.com/eng/

Although I am not sure if this company is supposed to still be turning cars out... it seems like some new stuff may be under development ~

http://www.fornasaricars.com/eng/modelli-lemans.html

*Note the C4 AeroBody taillights in the C6 rear fascia :eek
attachment.php

attachment.php

The two you posted look like bad photoshop jobs. But the "LeMans" car on the site looks like a total ripoff except for the crappy matching up of panels.

Yes, those are fairly poor Photoshop creations. I looked at their website several months ago and was surprised how many Camaro parts I recognized on their RR450

13.jpg

'93 to '99 or '00 Camaro steering wheel, Camaro door panels including switches and door handles, the entire dash minus the radio cluster is Camaro as well (including glove box). Here's a pic from a 2001 or 2002 Camaro.
0632_3.JPG

The question is... in this game of naming parts... where did the center console come from?

In this picture you can see reused Camaro door handles and locks:
10.jpg

In this, you can see that they used a Firebird dash instead:
15.jpg

The RR600 is just as bad (or good I suppose, since I wouldn't mind having a leather wrapped interior like that) because it is also comprised of a Camaro interior with silly HVAC knobs.
25.jpg

Their 1:18 scale model car looks homemade, as if I made it:
61.jpg

Still... they did have a hand in producing so possibly poorly made Callaway C8 clones...
f9.jpg

That's exactly what I thought, bad photoshops! There website is equally vague, but I found some info in the dutch wikipedia but it isn't on the english...

To give a free translation:

Fornasari is an Italian brand for sportcars. They started in 1999 founded by Giuseppe Fornasari.

In the 90s Fornasai imported Corvettes from the States and altered them to be raced. In 1998 they build there own model, a sportive SUV which could reach 200km/u in the sand dunes and 300km/u on the street. The SUV was called RR450 and the first "production car" was shown to the public at the car-show Bologna in 2001. The engine, a 5700 cc V8, with many other parts are from General Motors. In 2006 the RR600 was developed. The engine also from General Motors has about 600 pk.

Next to the SUV, Fornasari still builds the LM (Le Mans), a GT-racecar.

(this is just the info translated, I didn't verify if it is correct or not).

Also found this picture.. Do they have alternative Aero rearlights..? And it looks like the sidepanels are missing...
http://www.fornasaricars.com/eng/8.html

Groeten Peter.

Those lights remind me of something Peter.
istockphoto_262092_school_bus.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom