Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Brake Pads $$$$!

WantaVette

Corvette
Torch Red LT4 Coupe
Well, my front brakes are squealing, they make a chirping noise almost anytime the car is in motion, this started about 3 or 4 days ago. When I hit the brakes sometimes the sounds goes away, sometimes it turns into a constant squeal. I looked up the AC Delco pads and they were $230 for the front set. I dont have that much money right now.

Does anyone know if there are any cheaper pads as good as the OEM stuff. I really dont want to sacrifice my braking performance, but dont wanna break the bank either.

I like the red Raybestos pads on the front of my'82.

No squeeking, and they stop real nice.

My only concern with buying cheaper pads is that the 96 has the ZR1 brakes.

Oops, I didn't see that you have a ZR1. Are those Bosch pads as good as the originals. (Also, are the OEM pads AC Delco).

the ceramic pads will equal the performance of the originals.But el cheapo pads ware out fast and leave alot of dust,id go with the best pads u can get.

Do not do Ceramics if you do any spirited driving or track use.

My personal preference is the Hawk HPS. Get them from tire rack for dirt cheap. Be about 170 with shipping for front and rear.

I'm not sure what the original pads were, My car had 90k on it when I changed the pads. The new pads stop well and no brake dust. Iv'e put about 1000 miles on the new pads and have been very happy with them.

WantaVette said:
I looked up the AC Delco pads and they were $230 for the front set.

Was that from the chevy dealer? They go for about half that at any of the usual discount sources.

[edit]Just to clarify, I mean OEM AC-D pads.[/edit]

I got mine at AutoZone for like 32 for the fronts 16 for the rears, or the opposite I can't remember, and my car stops fine for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom