Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front dash issue

Klaus E.

Corvette
1996 Torch Red LT4
Open for any suggestion.....Right front dash, against the front window, has raised about 1/2". A 2" wide section sticks up. Any suggestion on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. It's not a major issue and few ever notice it, but I do and would like to correct it.

Thanks

Klaus

Maybe you can use some black RTV & then fashion a sandbag out of an old sock to hold it in place while it drys?

klaus what part of st chuck you in. im in wright city i could come and take a look at it. maybe between the 2 of us we can solve the problem.

klaus what part of st chuck you in. im in wright city i could come and take a look at it. maybe between the 2 of us we can solve the problem.
Live pretty close to Waplehorst Park, right of Hackmann Road.

Thanks for offer of help. Apprciated.

Klaus

When you gentlemen figure something out please post the solution, I seem to have the same problem.

Live pretty close to Waplehorst Park, right of Hackmann Road.

Thanks for offer of help. Apprciated.

Klaus
hey klaus did you get your dash fixed. if not give me a call 314-803-8554 and we'll get togeather and fix it.
rich

IF it is like the '84 dash...

On the bottom side of the dash pad on the windshield end there are metal clips that engage a slot in the body and "pull" that end down a bit...one of those clips is either broken or didn't engage the slot.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom