Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Front end noise

Corvette
2006 C-6 3LT VEL. YELLOW
My '06 c-6 3lt coupe makes a crunching sound at slow speed,,parking, pulling into driveway, etc...it happens when the front wheels are turned either left or right..it's a real strong crunch sound..the front end has been checked and nothing was amiss..someone posted a similiar problem on another site and the problem turned out to be the grade of trans fluid, the fluid was changed and the noise stopped!!!! Very strange indeed...anybody know anything about this ???

Sounds like the rear end to me. I thinks there was a service to change out the rear end fluid.

Today i got the thing going at idle speed in a parking lot, turned the wheel left the crunching started...then i put it in neutral and the noise stopped, did the same with the wheel turned right..so it must be the diff/trans in rear..and i hasve found out there is a antifriction fluid for the diff so my next step is to have the fluid changed.

Check the axle nut(s.) (passengerside is known to loosen)
Check the rear swaybar mounts ( their known to back out
check the swaybar end links (breakage)

Have the grinding rear end recall performed...for free!:thumb

Well, problem solved...i had the oem rear end/diff. Fluid removed and replaced with the newer fluid with the anti=friction...the noise is gone..cost was$119..i'm trying to get gm to pay for this service,,will know thursday 11/10/11..........thanks for the input folks...

C-6 rear end noise

As i entered before the anti-friction fluid cured my problem...my dealer in jacksonville fl. Told gm when they called about my claim that is was a normal maint. Item to change the fluid!!! Therefore gm will not pay my claim for $119...why did they have to ask the dealer??? The oem fluid was the cause of the problem...the oem fluid was specified by gm...it didn't work, gm should pay the claim.......i'm not done with thiws but doubt i'll get anywhere...keep you posted.............

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom