Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front end vibrations at 65

lex luther

Corvette
1992 Polo Green 6 sp.
I am having a problem with vibrations (which is shaking the hood excessively) starting at 65mph. I have had the front end checked and the mechanic says everything is in spec and aligned. Went to Discount, and they replaced free of charge the 315's I had on the back to go back to stock 275s (Goodyears). I replaced the rear wheels with new 9 1/2 stock configuration. I have 85k on the vette, and it had previously been smooth, no vibration or noise at much higher speeds. The front tires are only one year old, and all have had balancing checked and rechecked. The mechanic indicated that this is to be expected with the age of the rubber bushings on the front end, but otherwise is fine. NOT, I do not like driving it with all the hood vibration and chatter. Anyone else encountered this who can target a fix?

I am having a problem with vibrations (which is shaking the hood excessively) starting at 65mph. I have had the front end checked and the mechanic says everything is in spec and aligned. Went to Discount, and they replaced free of charge the 315's I had on the back to go back to stock 275s (Goodyears). I replaced the rear wheels with new 9 1/2 stock configuration. I have 85k on the vette, and it had previously been smooth, no vibration or noise at much higher speeds. The front tires are only one year old, and all have had balancing checked and rechecked. The mechanic indicated that this is to be expected with the age of the rubber bushings on the front end, but otherwise is fine. NOT, I do not like driving it with all the hood vibration and chatter. Anyone else encountered this who can target a fix?
Find someone with a Hunter Road force tire balancer and knows how to use it!! Your car will love you for it and so will your tires!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Thanks gmjunkie. Tire balancing, for the 4th time, took care of it, as least for now. Learned there are at least 3 programs for balance, and the "alloy" wheels was the one that worked.

Now, does anyone know how to tighten up the hood to keep it from squeaking caused by the out of balance front tires??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom