Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front license plate? How do you do it?

mbroadway

Corvette
I haven't taken the time to look yet, but I may need to remove the front plate that covers the area where a front license plate would go. I really don't want to put a front plate on it, and I may not until I'm stopped and given a warning ticket. But in case I need to, what is the easiest, and least destructive procedure for getting that front cover plate off the bumper?

Thanks.

There is only one way to do it. There are two small screws on the bottom, you'll need a thin screwdriver. Put some painters tape on the cover and the bumper and squeeze the screwdriver in the crack to get to the screws. Be gentle and you won't have any problems. Regards, Zig.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to let it go until I get stopped. Then I'll take a look at it. The painter's tape is a great idea. Thanks again.

Put a surround cover on the front and the license plate doesn't look bad at all.

Surround plate?

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what that is or where I can get one? Is it just a frame like they sell at the auto parts store?

Michael

This is one example of a custom cover.
bubble-new.jpg

It's in a color to match your car. All the corvette places sell them. Corvette America, Mid America Corvette etc. Just go online and see what you think. They even make a clear platic "bubble" that fits over the plate that follows the contour of the front end. OH, I forgot Eckler's, too. I always use them on my c5's.

Now that is a custom cover. You did a terrific job on that.

This is what I did with my car. You can buy these color matched to your car.

Will miracles never cease?

I had no idea those were available. You guys rock.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Michael

Hey Michael, just noticed you are from K.C. I was born and raised in K.C.K. I was over in Surprise Az. last week to watch some Royals games. Thought I would see them while they're still in first place.;LOL

KCK?

Wow, it's a small world, isn't it? I drove through Arizona back in 1968 on the way to San Diego for the first time. Nineteen years old at the time. 1964 Impala SS 327 4-speed convertible. They don't make 'em like that any more.

My wife and I are planning a trip this summer to Santa Monica, down Route 66, or as much of it as we can find to drive on. I've order a couple of books from Amazon that map it out. It will be interesting to see how it's changed in 40 years.

I hope the Royals didn't let you down.

Michael

I had hoped to drive at least some of Route 66 last year on the way to CruiseFest but I didn't get to make the trip.

Good luck - and we expect to see lots of photos after your trip too! ;)

This link looks very interesting and detailed! I just came across it so I haven't had time to really check it out.

The Mother Road

Have fun!
:wJane Ann

Route 66 runs through the middle of Lebanon. I guess I'm lucky to be able to drive on part of it all the time. :cool

I'm going to see my parents in a couple of weeks. They live real close to Joplin, so I guess I'll be seeing a little of it.

Here's a pic of what I did with mine. I wanted more cooling and opened it up and have seen 10degree drop in temp. Was easy to do a cost about $30.00.

009.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom