Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

front license plate on a C6?

AEmedic said:
Just a bit of insight, here in WA the dealer is not legally able to sell a car without the means of mounting the required two plates.
So, if they receive a car without the bracket they add it prior to putting the car on the lot.
No option to buy without it, it is part of the dealer prep once off the truck. I wonder if they will let you request one with the bracket not installed...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:confused

At least with the egg-grate front grill treatment you can save a few bucks and not have to buy the optional front license plate holder. You can just get some wire and loop it thru the egg crate and holes in the plate.

Why not? It's going to look tacky anyway you mount the front plate (IMO)

I'm hoping that the ZO6 is going to have different front end treatment. It has been hinted that the Z is going to be more of a departure from the base car than the C5 was, and hopefully will be a bit more aggressive. It is the only C6 I am interested in at this point anyway. Here is the chance to get it right.

CeeFive said:
I'm hoping that the ZO6 is going to have different front end treatment. It has been hinted that the Z is going to be more of a departure from the base car than the C5 was, and hopefully will be a bit more aggressive. It is the only C6 I am interested in at this point anyway. Here is the chance to get it right.
HMMMM... I don't think that the performance enhancements will include a provision for license plate installation. ;shrug

Putting that plate on really screws the look of the car.

The look is screwed anyways. I don't like the new look.

-Bill.:s

Yikes! I wonder if this look is going to grow on me?!

22 states require front plates.
U could move to one of the other 38.
or easy
I will store/drive the car and you can fly in on the weekends and drive it. There is a local airport.

The RPO code for the 2005 Corvette front license plate bracket is VK3.

Zippy :) :)

I would not expect more from Dave Hill ....

GryphonAuto_Phantom said:
I hate it when designers forget their purpose & mess up something so simple. They always complain about the engineernd department messing up their designs, when the engineering department doesn't have any choices because of laws.

Here's how Dave Hill explained his intentions with the front license plate bracket to the Detroit auto show attendees. This sketch came right from his desk after nights of hard development and engineering work.

1077750504298_plate.jpg

VanityBob said:
22 states require front plates.
U could move to one of the other 38.
So . . . there are s i x t y states now? :confused :)

When are they going to change the flag? ;)

We have to have two plates on our cars in Illlinois. Presently the extra plate is in the house. The cops here are pretty cool about a Vette not having a front plate. So far I have not gotten stopped. The only time I did is when we moved back here from Florida and I had my "Gators" plate on the front of the Jeep and the license plate on the back. The Cop did not like the explaination that I had lived in Florida. No ticket but told me I lived in Illinois now and to put the plate on the front. So I guess it depends on the Officer. My Son-in-law is a cop and he said he doesn't stop someone in a Vette just for that.

Thanks,
Donna

I'm suprised no one caught that earlier.
Everyone knows there's 52 states!!! ;) :D

LongTimer said:
Like the C1s, C2s and early C3s, the C6 will look "natural" without a front plate, and will accommodate one by adding a bracket. If this is the biggest concern about the C6 that remains, it will be a great car!!
On the C2 there was a rather neat method to put the front plate between the bumpers on the center tag bar.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom