Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

front plate bracket

B

bac2vettes

Does anyone know of a front plate bracket other than the one supllied by GM for an '06 Z06? I have not adhered that one to the front bumper yet and it's just a matter of time before I will pay the price ($70 fine in NYS). The only aftermarket I've seen didn't work on the Z06. If you have a source or a photo of your own version, please send it. Thanks.

Front Plate Bracket

When I got delivery of my 06 Z06 this past January the dealer strongly suggested NOT to install the bracket from the factory as it requires drilling a couple of holes. I took his advise. When I was hit in the rear a month or so ago the cop took a walk around the car and never mentioned the lack of a front plate. A little fairy said that if I get stopped and are questioned just show the bracket and tell a little white one that I am awaiting a factory designed bracket that doesn't require drilling and hope he believes it. Besides, most people including the cops don't recognize the car untill it passes and by then they only get a rear view. Whatever we can do to preserve the original look.
59-62USNVET

Got the removeable bracket from www.topflightrepro.com for the Z06:
16e496a3.jpg
Z06_FRONT_TAG_081706013.jpg
9f30b876.jpg

Front Bracket

vetmaniac:
What holds the bracket to the body? I wouldn't want to drill. Which one would I choose? Thanks.
59-62USNVET

vetmaniac:
What holds the bracket to the body? I wouldn't want to drill. Which one would I choose? Thanks.
59-62USNVET

I don't think they make them for Pink Corvettes! :L

The bracket attaches using double-sided tape to the underneath of the upper grill opening (same as the badging on the car). I would go with the removable bracket. It's a few bucks more but you'll have the flexibilty to remove the front plate portion whenever you like by removing the two small wingnuts. Full details and installation instruction are available on their website www.topflightrepro. I'm in no way affiliated with them; just a very satisfied customer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom